• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Conquest

cowboy_coffee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
Moriarty, NM
I just have a question. I had a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 x 14 that had great glass, however if you adjusted Parralex on the scope the zero would shift. This was on a standard 700 / 308 I sent it back to Zeiss and they immediately replaced it with great customer service, however I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience because I am now a little leary of using a conquest.

Re: Zeiss Conquest

I have the replacement that they shipped to me sitting there new in the box. They actually did me a favor and shipped me out a 6.5 x 20 to replace the 4.5x14 since they didn't have any in stock. Just been apprehensive to mount it.

If no one else has experienced an issue with the
Conquest, maybe I'll give it another try. The worst that can happen is I contact their customer service again.

I have a 6.5 - 20 on a Remington 700 .308 Varmint. After several hundred rounds no issues. I've used it on deer two different trips in Texas both in bright sun and twilight. No complaints. Shot a nice cull buck at dusk last January. Shots were from 50 to 200 yards. I've also shot several hogs with it in very low light up to 100 yds in North Carolina. I highly recommend them!

I have a friend who just had a new zeiss conquest fall apart, pieces were visibly floating around inside the objective, less than 100 rounds, wasn't dropped or mishandled

I've had zero problems with my conquest except one small cosmetic flaw with the last two hash mark lines printed on top of each other on the turret. Haven't bothered sending it it.

I had a problem with the parallax knob on my 4.5-14x Conquest. It would freely spin with recoil and parallax would never dial out. It took them three months, but they did fix it and return it. No problems since.

I have had a bunch of Conquests, and I think they are awesome for hunting scopes. My picks would be the the ranging reticle models with the parallax fixed at 300 yds. The adjustable parallax models are/were a little weak on adjustment range.

I have a couple of Zeiss Conquest 3x9's that I bought at a closeout and they have been great so far. Low light transmission has been good. They have the ranging reticle but no parallax adjustment due to the low top power.

Darin