• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss HD 5-25x50 rapid-Z 1000

kylec

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2014
Cullman, AL
I won this scope. I don't have any type of "nice" bolt action. I'm considering a Bergara HMR in 6.5cm or a Tikka CTR in 6.5cm or .260rem. I have no experience with "nice", "longish range", or "precision" rifles. Do these two choices somewhat fit with this scope?

The purpose of this set-up would mainly be to have something that I could shoot at longer ranges when I get the itch.

Thanks for the help. I'm just now in a position where I can spend a little to get a nicer gun so my experience with this level of gun is non-existent.

Per Zeiss, the RZ-1000 reticle was calibrated for use with the .308: https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/....html#reticles

As an owner of two 5-25 HD5s with the Varmint reticle, I can say that the optical quality is fantastic for the price point (especially at your price point ;) ), but I would think that the RZ-1000 reticle would be close enough out to a few hundred yards, and would get increasingly inaccurate as distance increased (if you dropped it on an intermediate-class 6.5 cartridge like you mentioned).

Last edited: