• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss LRP S3 4-25

Milo 2.5

The Dalai Lama of the Reload
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014
Gillette, WY
Has any owners actually checked the total amount of travel on this scope? A used one came today, I spun the elevation turret up, had 24 mils available from the sellers setup. I bypassed the zero stop and I have 56+ mils of travel, this is hand held and not mounted. But I don't think I could have messed anything up.
Specs say 46 mils of travel.

46.5 is the travel they say the scope will be clear with no shadowing of reticle being at the outset edges. They will have some more than that but I wouldn’t count on it to be used. I have mine in 60 moa total of cant and have 41 mils of elevation.

Past 46.5 mils…

30C70E35-3694-418E-859C-CC0BE54B6B6F.gif

I took it out yesterday, the plan was to use it on a 22LR. In steroid mode, I saw no shadowing. I could dial a long ways with the built in cant, base and mount. Quite windy, did manage a couple hits at 600 on a 10" plate.
And it focused up nice considering mirage.
I abandoned the plan this am, and slapped it on a Kidd rifle, where I now have 40 mils of up travel with a 50 yard zero. And the Kidd was somewhat impressive on a 5" plate at 300 considering the speed of the ammo. I think it is back in the parameters of operation, and doubt on this rifle, I'll never ask for more than 22 mils up at 400.
Nice scope for the coin.

Reactions: Rob01