• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP s3 mil

Lots of pros like great glass and a great reticle, elevation knob is very easy to read, and has a locking windage knob. No real cons I could think of other than if you want a sunshade you have to buy it separately. I think you will be very happy with it if you buy it.

It's a pretty solid scope.

Pros: Neutral Glass, turret feel, reticle illumination, smooth operation of parallax and zoom.

Cons: Reverse zoom direction , can easily get aquatinted. The other improvement they could make is the marking of distances on the parallax. I made some sharpie marks on mine.

You will be happy with the quality of the scope.

@BlueDemon sorry English lesson needed here…
What do you mean with ‘ can easily get aquatinted ‘ in this context?
Tia

I have the 4-25 and would buy it again at the 25% off sale price but I think I’d rather have the 6-36. The 4-25 gets pretty dark and the eyebox gets much tighter above about 16-18x. By design the 6-36 should have less of that. I wouldn’t pay full retail for one or the typical 10-15% off deals, IMO that puts it into a price range where you can get better stuff for the same money and lightly used alpha tier isn’t much more.

I really like the turrets and the overall controls of the optic. Everything is smooth with the right about of individual tension and the elevation and windage are both clicky and positive. I like that they did the pull/push locking windage turret but didn’t incorporate that on the elevation, I really don’t like elevation turrets that do that. I’d much rather have no lock at all on it than that. The only turret lock more annoying to me than that is the pinch style on the MK6’s and MK8’s.

I like the reticle design overall but they could thin up the windage holds further down since I don’t need 7 mils of wind holds at 9-12 mils of elevation but that’s a pretty common trait of many tree reticles and I’m sure if they didn’t have that much then the two guys that buy them for ELR dialing some and holding more would complain. It’s really a non issue though IMO, it’s one of those have it and not need it kind of things. It’s not really obscuring being further down in the reticle. The reticle around the main crosshair to a few mils down is really clean which is more important. Overall I think it’s a great reticle design despite not being your typical style for hash marks. I actually like it more because you still get .2 references plus it also has .5.

The mag ring direction is a little annoying but for my uses of the rifle it’s on it’s a non issue. If you’re used to the standard direction of clockwise to increase magnification and you’re going to be putting it on something you’re going to use under pressure then you might want to reconsider.

Other than that just don’t buy it thinking that the optical qualities are going to be on par with stuff like S&B, Hensoldt, ZCO, and TY just because it wears the Zeiss name and I think you’ll be satisfied.

Love my S5 but the glass just isn't there with TT, in terms of ID of target edges past 1000. And for some reason, the reticle seems like it's big/clunky at full power. Hence I'm looking at S&B

Tyler Kemp at MKM is a big dealer of these, and you just missed the end of year 25% off sale. May be worth a call to see if they have any demo ones or someting

Reactions: warnera1102
Love my S5 but the glass just isn't there with TT, in terms of ID of target edges past 1000. And for some reason, the reticle seems like it's big/clunky at full power. Hence I'm looking at S&B

Tyler Kemp at MKM is a big dealer of these, and you just missed the end of year 25% off sale. May be worth a call to see if they have any demo ones or someting
Thanks man Ill send @Tyler Kemp a message.

Ignore. Wrong spot. Sold the only Zeiss I ever owned years ago.

Last edited: