• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss LRP S5 5-25 opinions

Had mine for about 9 months now, it’s a top-tier scope in its price range.

IMG_1288.jpeg

Reactions: wooferocau
Funny looking S5 there, @FuhQ
Yeah, I actually just saw this thread again, read the title, and realized that he said S5... Not many folks ask about it, they only ask about the S3, so...Yeah...I guess disregard the previous post, but the S5 is a fine scope, too. Looked through one at my LGS and it's got extremely SHARP glass...As it should for $3K+.

When the S5 came out I hated the giant looking turrets. L/S, my buddy bought one to replace a zco for more elevation. After playing with it I still had doubts. When I went to buy new glass I looked thru all and for my eyes the S5 was tops.
After using it for a bit the feature set just keeps growing on me. It's been a year, and I would buy another S5 if I was needing another scope.

People shooting my TT 2-25 out in the desert on my DT SRS then go to the DT HTI, and immediately recoil. Something about the reticle is off, it takes up too much of the view or sticks out too much, and the clarity just does NOT match the TT for even target ID past 1000 yards; the edges of my plates just are not as sharp through the S5 as they are the TT.

I'm thinking of moving to S&B 6-36 as a result. can't use MRAD past 36 it appears in the now discontinued 41808 18 MRAD Spuhr, and I don't think there is a mount with more cant, so the MRAD above 35-36 seems mostly wasted