• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss or Razor UHD bino’s

Tsonka

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2019
I want some better PRS glassing binoculars and would love some feedback, especially from people who have used the Zeiss.

I have both a Zeiss 50% off retail and a Vortex 30% off MAP certificate from PRS matches and looking at these 3, at roughly the same cost

Vortex Razor UHD 12x50
Zeiss Victory SF 10x42
Zeiss Victory HT 10x54

Most importantly this is a “want” not a “need”. I have a pair of Vortex Viper 10x50’s that have served me just fine the last 3-4 year’s. Just on my “would like to have” list is a better pair of binoculars.

My personal experience tell’s me:

I probably wouldn’t go wrong with any of them

The 12x of the Vortex would be nice, but there is probably minimal real world difference between 10x and 12x

If I should ever pick up a Swarovski certificate and still want better bino’s, I could more easily sell the Zeiss to birdwatchers, getting my money back if not a bit more.

Honestly if looking to upgrade I would be looking for a set of binos with a reticle in them. Great glass is nice but you only need to see so much at matches. I got a set of Bushnell Match Pro ED 15x binos with a reticle and I can see everything I need to at a match and they were under $700. I have a local friend who went from a pair of Swaros to the Bushnell due to the reticle and is very happy. Just something to think about.

I would go 15x or 18x for PRS binos. It’s going to be hard to beat the IQ of your current 10x50 binos with a 10x42.