• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZEISS Presents All-New LRP S5 - FFP Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting and Hunting

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    ZEISS Presents All-New LRP S5 – First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting and Hunting

3-18X and 5-25x

LRP S5_318-50_MOA_Product_Angle_Left.jpg

LRP S5_525-56_MOA_Product_Angle_Left.jpg

New product family comes with high-performance optics and impressive total elevation travel to dominate the competition.

LRP S5_318-50_Hunt_MOA_2021-384 copy.png

White Plains, NY – Oct 15, 2021 (Embargoed unitl October 15, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. EST)

ZEISS announces the release of the all-new ZEISS LRP S5 first focal plane riflescopes. The new long-range riflescopes from ZEISS include high-performance optics, best-in-class total elevation travel, highly repeatable, precise, and tactile turrets as part of a compact and heavy-duty riflescope – with a daytime visible illuminated reticle. Furthermore, these scopes offer two new first focal plane reticle designs – and are available in either milliradian (MRAD) or minute-of-angle (MOA). The ZEISS LRP S5 is designed, engineered, and manufactured in Germany and is built to withstand up to a massive 1,500 g-force of recoil. The product family consists of two models: 318-50 and 525-56 and is available in four unique configurations – all with 34 mm main tubes.
    “For longer-range shooting, precision is crucial. With our new ZEISS LRP S5 we have decisively expanded our product line to provide an elite riflescope that can dominate at every competition,” states Kyle Brown – Director of Marketing and Product for Carl Zeiss SBE, LLC. “With the compact and heavy-duty design of these riflescopes we have validated and proven that they are ready to tackle the toughest shooting competitions and the most difficult hunts”, emphasized Brown.

The optical system delivers exceptional image quality and renders the finest of details.

The premium optical design utilizes ZEISS Fluoride lens elements, SCHOTT glass and ZEISS’s proprietary T-Star lens coatings for optimum color fidelity, image brightness, exceptional resolution and edge-to-edge sharpness within the entire field-of-view. The scopes deliver 90% light transmission to the eye, clearer visuals, faster target identification and validation of the finer details down range. The exterior facing lenses are final coated with ZEISS LotuTec protective lens coating process for anti-fogging and to repel water, dust, dirt, fingerprints and more.

LRP S5_525-56_PRS_MRAD_2021-231 copy.png

Tactile and Highly Repeatable Turrets – Precise shot placement, regardless of distance.

The ZEISS LRP S5 riflescopes offer an external elevation turret with larger font sizes and dual row engraving. The turret also incorporates the mechanically robust ZEISS Ballistic Stop feature, which provides a rock-solid return to zero. In addition, the all-new ZEISS External Locking Windage Turret (ELWT) feature allows the shooter to pull out on the locking collar, make necessary adjustments, and then lock-in the selected setting.
    The MOA-based turrets are adjustable with .25 MOA click values and offer 30 MOA of travel per rotation. Each click is audible and provides a tactile confirmation for every adjustment. The MRAD turret features a more pronounced click at whole MRAD intervals.
    The 3-18x50 and 5-25x56 scopes offer best-in-class - 140 MOA or 40.7 MRAD - total elevation adjustment which enables shooters to engage targets up to 1500 yards - and beyond. When combined with the side parallax adjustment, infinitely variable reticle illumination, and a European-style fast focus eyepiece the ZEISS LRP S5 allows the shooter to precisely engage the most distant targets.

Two new illuminated reticles ZF-MOAi and ZF-MRi provide intuitive aiming solutions
    ZEISS LRP S5_318-50_ZF-MRi Reticle Subtension.jpg

ZEISS also introduces two all-new First Focal Plane (FFP) reticles. The ZF-MOAi and the ZF-MRi illuminated reticles represent MOA and MRAD smart reticle designs respectively. Each incorporate distinct, clean, and easy-to-understand reference marks along the main horizontal and vertical lines of the reticle; and they offer relevant windage hold-offs in the field-of-view below centerline. Both offer fine line reticle subtensions and floating center dots to serve the demands of precision shooters and long-range hunters alike.
    Only the center section of each reticle illuminates to provide a finer point of aim while viewed against dirty targets or in harsher lighting conditions. The diffractive reticle illumination technology is digitally controlled, creates an ultra-bright daylight visible point-of-aim, and has an auto-off feature controlled by angle and time sensors. These two new reticles provide very intuitive aiming solutions for improved shooting speeds and for extremely precise shot placement.

Pre Orders Being Taken Soon at MHSA

Developed with extensive expert feedback

“The entire ZEISS team is excited to introduce the LRP S5 scopes to the long-range precision shooting and hunting communities,” said Brown. “These new first focal plane riflescopes are going to make a lot of precision shooters take notice. Packed with features that provide real-world benefits, they deliver exceptional performance in the most challenging shooting situations. The ZEISS LRP S5 riflescopes were developed with extensive feedback from precision shooting competitors and shooting instructors and were purpose-built to dominate the competition”.

More information and availability

ZEISS LRP S5 first focal plane riflescopes are covered by ZEISS’s Limited Lifetime Warranty and Five-Year No-Fault Policy – both of which are transferrable.

The ZEISS LRP S5 riflescopes will be available at ‘Authorized ZEISS Retailers’ beginning in early November 2021. As of Friday, October 15th, the following links will be live.

For further information about our new precision shooting segment visit: www.zeiss.com/precision-shooting

For additional information and more videos about the ZEISS LRP S5 visit: www.zeiss.com/lrp-s5

Press contact – N. America

ZEISS Consumer Products US
    Sports Optics Products
    Kyle Brown
    Phone: +1 914 681-7422
    Email: [email protected]

ZEISS Consumer Products
    Tatjana Schuerholz
    Phone: +49 7364 20-16797
    Email: [email protected]

About ZEISS

ZEISS is an internationally leading technology enterprise operating in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. In the previous fiscal year, the ZEISS Group generated annual revenue totaling 6.3 billion euros in its four segments Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Quality & Research, Medical Technology and Consumer Markets (status: 30 September 2020).

For its customers, ZEISS develops, produces and distributes highly innovative solutions for industrial metrology and quality assurance, microscopy solutions for the life sciences and materials research, and medical technology solutions for diagnostics and treatment in ophthalmology and microsurgery. The name ZEISS is also synonymous with the world's leading lithography optics, which are used by the chip industry to manufacture semiconductor components. There is global demand for trendsetting ZEISS brand products such as eyeglass lenses, camera lenses and binoculars.

With a portfolio aligned with future growth areas like digitalization, healthcare and Smart Production and a strong brand, ZEISS is shaping the future of technology and constantly advancing the world of optics and related fields with its solutions. The company's significant, sustainable investments in research and development lay the foundation for the success and continued expansion of ZEISS' technology and market leadership. ZEISS invests 12 percent of its revenue in research and development – this high level of expenditure has a long tradition at ZEISS and is also an investment in the future.

With over 34,000 employees, ZEISS is active globally in almost 50 countries with around 30 production sites, 60 sales and service companies and 27 research and development facilities. Founded in 1846 in Jena, the company is headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany. The Carl Zeiss Foundation, one of the largest foundations in Germany committed to the promotion of science, is the sole owner of the holding company, Carl Zeiss AG (status: 31 March 2021).

Further information at www.zeiss.com

ZEISS Consumer Products

ZEISS Consumer Products combines the company's business with camera and cine lenses, binoculars, spotting scopes and hunting optics. The unit is allocated to the Consumer Markets segment and is represented across the globe.

Last edited:
    looked at these on their website last nite. Pretty impressive, any idea what retail price will be?

Wish I hadn't just grabbed another XTR3! Let's see if they are actually shipping in Nov.

Reactions: Bender
    7.5 mils FOV per side @ 25X. ZCO and XTR3 have 8. Definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Hambone00
    Curious to see where this falls in line. Euro I bet will be selling them.

Wow, video is so bad... shows what they think of the market, or worse... what the market actually is... people spending >3K on scopes who don't know what FFP is and love juicy platitudes. Superghey - for what is probably a great product.

Reactions: Bender
    looking forward to seeing some reviews on the turrets.

The reticle is better than ZCO. But why they have to start tree at .2 mils? Also would prefer illumination but isn’t required

I'm shocked, Zeiss has been dead to me for so long I forgot they existed. Reticle is a bit busy for my taste but better than most. For the price you'd think they could include a damn sunshade. Other than that I think this could be a home run.

Looks great but would like to hear about how the turrets work, feel and how easy they are to read from the first adopters

They had the Zeiss team out here last month but I was away during the Live Fire Part,

I was here for the classroom part, so I was hands-on during that element.

The scope is really nice, the turrets are excellent, and the glass is top tier.

All the MHSA had nothing but good things to say, and my hands-on was impressive even though it was more administrative.

I really like that they went with a slightly thicker line for the lower magnification use. Should be perfect.
    Also using thicker lines then the 5-25 on the 3-18 is brilliant one of my pet peeves with most 3-18 ffp.

You’d think they’d have figured out how to add locking to an elevation turret taller than a skyscraper. There’s a high probability of that being bumped no matter what you’re doing with how far it protrudes - that’s my major complaint. I don’t necessarily like the turret height, but it’s also not a dealbreaker; it just needs to be locking.

I love Zeiss glass, and I hope this takes off so they start making more FFP scopes, but at this weight and price point, it’s a miss for me without the ability to lock that turret. If they come up with something that has Zeiss glass and two locking turrets (or capped windage) in a Vortex LHT HD 4.5-22 style package and around that same weight, I’ll buy a bunch of them. I definitely want to see this one in person to compare with ZCO/TT, though - it’s nice that there might be some more competition in that regard once they start honing the design.

You’d think they’d have figured out how to add locking to an elevation turret taller than a skyscraper. There’s a high probability of that being bumped no matter what you’re doing with how far it protrudes - that’s my major complaint. I don’t necessarily like the turret height, but it’s also not a dealbreaker; it just needs to be locking.

I love Zeiss glass, and I hope this takes off so they start making more FFP scopes, but at this weight and price point, it’s a miss for me without the ability to lock that turret. If they come up with something that has Zeiss glass and two locking turrets (or capped windage) in a Vortex LHT HD 4.5-22 style package and around that same weight, I’ll buy a bunch of them. I definitely want to see this one in person to compare with ZCO/TT, though - it’s nice that there might be some more competition in that regard once they start honing the design.
    I would have shit my pants for something like the older Premier light hunter/tactical scope from Zeiss.

Same reticle, these days 4-20 probably, and low profile.

I am still attached to a set of Zeiss binos I got back in 01. They have always been a good company to deal with.

And, I am glad to see they designed the turrets for the "Cookie Baking Stage" just in case I need dial up with oven mitts on.

Did they get rid of the Hensoldt line ? i would like to see one of these in person.

Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a ZCO, but this has changed my mind. If ur a dealer on here, give me a pm
    Just curious, what decision criteria did you use to switch from a ZCO? What is compelling enough to favor the Zeiss scope at this early stage of their product release? I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on a couple of scopes. Ive decided on one ZCO for sure, but the selection of the second optic is still up in the air. I’d really like to get my eyes on one for an hour.

Researching the ZCO has taken me down some amazing rabbit holes! If you spend any time obsessing about optics, you really need to spend a couple of hours (minimum) on the Schott Glass AG website. It’s amazing to understand the different attributes of optical glass, and the choices that manufactures make for their product lines. BTW…the tier-1 glass typically comes from the upper right quadrant. I’m curious if Zeiss (and others) uses Schott glass for “all“ of the elements in the scope?
    88741F36-5231-452A-9283-B0405A75C65D.png

Reactions: gebhardt02
    Just curious, what decision criteria did you use to switch from a ZCO? What is compelling enough to favor the Zeiss scope at this early stage of their product release? I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on a couple of scopes. Ive decided on one ZCO for sure, but the selection of the second optic is still up in the air. I’d really like to get my eyes on one for an hour.

Researching the ZCO has taken me down some amazing rabbit holes! If you spend any time obsessing about optics, you really need to spend a couple of hours (minimum) on the Schott Glass AG website. It’s amazing to understand the different attributes of optical glass, and the choices that manufactures make for their product lines. BTW…the tier-1 glass typically comes from the upper right quadrant. I’m curious if Zeiss (and others) uses Schott glass for “all“ of the elements in the scope?
    View attachment 7722389
    With Zeiss owning Schott, while not impossible, I find it highly improbable that they are using mix-and-match glass in their high-end scopes. I’ve seen stranger things, though. I’m not a betting man, but if I were, I suspect this scope is going to have some of the nicest optical quality on the market. It’s the form and function that may not quite hit their mark.

Lots of companies with great optical designs and glass step into new markets and it takes them a while to figure it out. See March and some of their designs (duds) before they started to get it “right”. Zeiss has been making scopes a long while, but I think they will need an iteration or two before I’ll be biting. This sure is a good first step, though!