• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZEISS Presents New Flip-Up and Fold-Flat Lens Covers for Riflescopes

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    ZEISS Presents New Flip-Up and Fold-Flat Lens Covers for Riflescopes
    All-new, heavy-duty lens covers with unique features which provide valuable protection for ZEISS customers.

Flip-Up-Folded Flat-LRP S3 Atop Centerfire Rifle-with Sunshade-CC_49 copy.png

White Plains, NY – February 21, 2023

New for 2023, ZEISS offers added protection for ZEISS riflescopes in the form of ‘Flip-Up and Fold-Flat Pro Lens Covers’. These heavy-duty lens covers are designed with several key – and proprietary – features that set them apart from similar products currently available. Retail prices are $34.99 for the ocular lens covers and $49.99 for the objective lens cover. The new accessories will be available from ‘Authorized ZEISS Retailers’ in North America, beginning late April 2023.

“Our all-new flip-up lens covers are manufactured with a robust stay-secure dual-clamping system and provides OEM fitment for current ZEISS riflescopes; they also offer a few extra unique features as well,” said Kyle Brown – Director of Marketing/Product for Carl ZEISS SBE, LLC. “These lens covers remain open and secured in place when in the folded-flat, shooter-ready position – even under heavy recoil. They offer great protection from the environmental elements and will help keep those valuable lenses from getting scratched. The benefit is simple: clean and scratch-free optics at-the-ready. And clean optics will help you deliver precise and accurate hits on target.”

Developed and designed with purpose and functionality.

ZEISS will offer a total of nine unique sizes, each providing an excellent OEM fit for each ZEISS riflescope. All are manufactured in the USA with Nylon 11 material to resist harsh UV light and maintain proper fitment – even with extreme shifts in temperature – and reduce weight. Each lens cover utilizes dual clamps with stainless steel hardware and springs to ensure long-term fit and serviceability. Both ocular and objective lens covers provide a fold-flat securing system which allows for the flip-up cap to be held in the shooter-ready position parallel with the scope’s main tube, and then remain there, secure during recoil.

Additional Proprietary Features.

The design of the objective lens cover offers two proprietary and rather unique features: 1) The integrated spare battery containment system provides the user with the immediate ability to have a spare battery for when and where it’s needed most: in the field. 2) The on-board spare Torx® wrench containment system provides a secure and out-of-the-way, yet handy, location for keeping this valuable turret tool where it belongs – with the scope. All these features provide great benefits for the hunters and shooters.

To find out more about ZEISS accessories, riflescopes, and other sports optics, please visit:

ZEISS Sports Optics

looks like someone will be cussing when they go to cycle the bolt.

This was ho hum until I read this-
    The design of the objective lens cover offers two proprietary and rather unique features: 1) The integrated spare battery containment system provides the user with the immediate ability to have a spare battery for when and where it’s needed most: in the field. 2) The on-board spare Torx® wrench containment system provides a secure and out-of-the-way, yet handy, location for keeping this valuable turret tool where it belongs – with the scope.

What a brilliant idea. I love that Kahles puts their tool in the battery cover, but this makes it easy to add to other scopes as long as the dimensions work out.

Nice idea, particularly with the spare battery storage, surprised no one came out with this sooner. Quite a few sizes listed, should be easily adapted to a wide variety of glass.

Nice idea, particularly with the spare battery storage, surprised no one came out with this sooner. Quite a few sizes listed, should be easily adapted to a wide variety of glass.
    They are a precise fit, so while some other optics share that precise diameter, there will need to be more sizes made to fit other popular optics. Just FYI :)

Some interesting features with the spare battery and Torx wrench storage.

zeiss-flip-up-and-fold-flat-pro-lens-covers-clickmap.ts-1676384648916.jpg

zeiss-flip-up-and-fold-flat-pro-lens-covers-sku.ts-1676535611161.jpg
    What material are the actual caps made of? Plastic? Aluminum? I read that they’re using stainless steel parts (I assume around the hinges), but I’m thinking if the caps are plastic, there’s a chance that the clips holding the battery in place will give out. At that point there’s a risk of the spare battery rattling around between the flip-cap and the objective lens potentially scratching the lens.

What material are the actual caps made of? Plastic? Aluminum? I read that they’re using stainless steel parts (I assume around the hinges), but I’m thinking if the caps are plastic, there’s a chance that the clips holding the battery in place will give out. At that point there’s a risk of the spare battery rattling around between the flip-cap and the objective lens potentially scratching the lens.
    They’re printed. MKM is printing them, I have a set of his current offerings and I doubt you’llbreak them with normal use.

Reactions: Ezana4CE and Rob01
    They’re printed. MKM is printing them, I have a set of his current offerings and I doubt you’llbreak them with normal use.
    Wait what?!? MKM is printing these lens caps for Zeiss? Way to go Tyler, in the big leagues now!!!

Reactions: niabber