• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss S3 4-25 vs LP MK5 3-18

mp0311

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2023
Rhode Island
Anyone have either of these, or preferably both, of these? I can get a pretty good deal on either, just kind of looking to see if anyone has any big differences theyve noticed. As a side note, I am not able to look through either of them prior to purchase.

Last edited:
I have both. To me glass is comparable. Leupold 3.6x18 is much lighter weight. The difference between 44mm and 50 mm objective is not that much. Zeiss S3 4x25x50 has red & green illumination which is nice. Price, if you qualify for Mil/LE is comparable. I also have a Leupold Mark 5 5x25 and a couple Mark 4 8.25x25's and really do not miss the extra magnification if the scope is going on a hunting rifle. I know lots of people knock Leupold, but I have used them for over 30 years (more than 16 scopes) without any problem. I think they are equal value. Look at both and purchase which ever one you like better.

I have the Zeiss in a 6-36x56, and it’s amazing. Better glass than the MK5’s I’ve looked through. Go Zeiss, you won’t regret it.

Reactions: YotaEer
I have both. To me glass is comparable. Leupold 3.6x18 is much lighter weight. The difference between 44mm and 50 mm objective is not that much. Zeiss S3 4x25x50 has red & green illumination which is nice. Price, if you qualify for Mil/LE is comparable. I also have a Leupold Mark 5 5x25 and a couple Mark 4 8.25x25's and really do not miss the extra magnification if the scope is going on a hunting rifle. I know lots of people knock Leupold, but I have used them for over 30 years (more than 16 scopes) without any problem. I think they are equal value. Look at both and purchase which ever one you like better.
hows the illumination on the s3?