• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss S3 return to zero

ruger35

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Going to start this off with I must be overthinking something and am prepared to be called an idiot when one of you inevitably solves this conundrum for me.

I took my S3 off of my 6.5 and put on my 6mm, also dropped from the X-high M-brane mount to 1.25" APA rings. Out doing some load development today and needed to redo the zero, but I can't for the life of my get the turrets to raise to zero on the target. Ended up shooting at 100 today just holding 1.5 mils over. I had the zero stop set, took the turret off and tried moving the stop to the other side to allow myself to dial the turret down but once installed the turret doesn't spin. Tried all sorts of variations of this with none to avail. Even back to the zero stop that was set and dialed up to see how many mils of elevation was available and got 21.6 out of the 32. Any advice on how to get the turret to "bottom out" back at zero again? @FuhQ I know you've got hands all over the Zeiss lol.

Take the zero stop out completely and use the inner slot to dial down a couple mils then reintall the zero stop.

Reactions: FuhQ and ruger35
I just use the torx wrench that I loosened the dial with to turn the knob if I need to go down. Fits in the slot just enough to turn it. You can use whatever though. Glad to help.

Reactions: medic103
If you have a set of Fix-It-Sticks, this choke tube tool fits really nicely in the S3 turret with the zero-stop removed... At least, the one I have does.

You cold also use a quarter if you had one in your pocket. Or, like Rob said, lay the little turret hex wrench in there sideways between the slots and spin it that way.

Reactions: ruger35
If you have a set of Fix-It-Sticks, this choke tube tool fits really nicely in the S3 turret with the zero-stop removed... At least, the one I have does.

You cold also use a quarter if you had one in your pocket. Or, like Rob said, lay the little turret hex wrench in there sideways between the slots and spin it that way.
I had the hex tool they give you but thought it may have been a little thick so didn’t try it. Didn’t want to mess up the actual mechanism. May look into that choke tube so I can keep something plastic with me in case I need It.