• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss S5 3-18 Elevation/Zero Stop

Josch13579

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Hey all, looking for some advice on this matter. I wasn't sure where to post this but I've got a Zeiss S5 that I was trying to set the zero stop. Frankly I feel a bit retarded, The S5 model is the 3-18 in Mils. the optic was purchased second hand and was zeroed. I mounted the optic in a badger max mount on my Accuracy International rifle. The integral rail is a 20 moa. no cant in the mount itself. I bore sighted the gun last night shot at steel and got close, pulled the rifle out a bit ago and loosened the elevation set screws, pushed down and turned it clockwise to zero and hit the stop. Then, for whatever bird brain idea I decided to run the turret up to see how much total adjustment I had. Hit a soft wall then started to crank it back down. It then did not go back down the 2-3 revolutions and stopped on zero on that rev. I followed the Zeiss manual pretty close but definitely messed something up. If someone is familiar with the zero stop on these S5's I'd appreciate any and all info. Also, I believe they are not open being the weekend. Thanks in advance.

Hey all, looking for some advice on this matter. I wasn't sure where to post this but I've got a Zeiss S5 that I was trying to set the zero stop. Frankly I feel a bit retarded, The S5 model is the 3-18 in Mils. the optic was purchased second hand and was zeroed. I mounted the optic in a badger max mount on my Accuracy International rifle. The integral rail is a 20 moa. no cant in the mount itself. I bore sighted the gun last night shot at steel and got close, pulled the rifle out a bit ago and loosened the elevation set screws, pushed down and turned it clockwise to zero and hit the stop. Then, for whatever bird brain idea I decided to run the turret up to see how much total adjustment I had. Hit a soft wall then started to crank it back down. It then did not go back down the 2-3 revolutions and stopped on zero on that rev. I followed the Zeiss manual pretty close but definitely messed something up. If someone is familiar with the zero stop on these S5's I'd appreciate any and all info. Also, I believe they are not open being the weekend. Thanks in advance.
Hey there, did you ever find a solution to this issue? Think I'm having the exact same problem on my S5 5-25!

Reactions: Josch13579
Hey there, did you ever find a solution to this issue? Think I'm having the exact same problem on my S5 5-25!
Actually I did not. Sorry, first time I've checked this in a bit. I spoke with Zeiss over the phone a couple of times and they suggested sending it in. The following Saturday I actually rezeroed the optic to the best I could and shot out till about 900 yards without issue. The only thing I did different was make sure both elevation turret zero stop screws were tight and then triple check both. Then, with the intent to send it in still I pulled the optic off on a sunday night. I thought I might as well recheck and sure enough topped out at about 23 mils (20 moa integral rail). So, I put the optic back in the mount and had to rezero again but everything seems to be working as intended.

Ahh I see, thanks anyway! Glad it’s working for you!