• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZEISS SCOPE RELIABILTY

SAKOstalker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2004
USA
DO the top of the line zeiss scope compare well with S&B, Nightforce, premier, USO etc in tracking and durability?
I know optically they do....

Re: ZEISS SCOPE RELIABILTY

Don't know about the top of the line models, but neither of my Conquests have let me down. They track perfect and are repeatable and as you have mentioned, the glass is superb.

Yes, They are very good scopes. I dont know if you can put the Victory on the same line with S&B or USO, but they are very close. At that price point, you are really looking at very minute differences and seeing which provider gives you the options you want.

Zeiss is kind of a hidden treasure. Many people have not seen many of them or even shot with them. I would say that Zeiss is a very competent scope. With that being said, I like the conquest line fine enough and have never needed to buy a Victory line.

I would like to see the Hensoldt on one of my guns however!!
smile.gif

-Nate

Ive owned 8 Diavaris and have 3 currently.

They are all on "hunting" rifles. Have never had issue with performance, tracking, holding zero, etc.

I suspect they are not discussed here much 'cause they are more geared toward conventional hunting on a one-way range.

I will offer that the 4 manufacturers mentioned are heavier and possibly more robust than a comparable diavari. I've owned 3 of the 4. Have not owned a Premier.

I suspect that the only diff between the Zeiss and the Hensoldt, since they are made by one in the same company is some military standard on the Hensoldt. Probably something that Zeiss could hold up to but but doesn't have to show on paper. Someone on another thread wrote that the specs on the Hensoldt are a little more stringent then the Zeiss and that their recticles are diff along with maybe illumination because the Hensoldt is the Military spec model. I know that the Victory models all have 30mm tubes except for the 6x24x72 which has a 34mm tube. I think the Hensoldts all have 34mm tubes but not for sure. I'm pretty sure the Hensoldts also have more models with the ffp recticles but not positive.

SAKOstalker,

At the risk of sounding bombastic, I would say that we do much more than keep up. We have still never had a scope returned for mechanical failure in the Hensoldt line as long as I have been bringing them in.

Zeiss has been fielding military optics almost since there were such things. 160 years of experience allows these guys to work out all the kinks before anything arrives to end users.

I hope that helps!

Take care,

Nathan Hunt

And to add to Nathan's post it is a fact that Hendsoldt was providing scopes for the US Army and Britain during WWI in a back room deal.
Hendsoldt's and Zeiss's quality is on par with any sport or tactical optic made...period.

Thank you.

i guess my question is as far as durability, how much do the victory/diavari scopes differ in cinstruction/engineering fro mthe hensoldt line.

THeir is a large price difference. Glass and coatings are the same between them. Does the hensoldt line show an appreciable increase in durability or it is more about the features/adjustments. option for tactical market?

is the victory series on par with the hensoldt in durability?

Carl Zeiss Sport Optics is a sister company and makes excellent product for serious hunters. I own several of their scopes, binos, and laser rangefinders. They are all of the highest quality.

Suffice it to say that the Hensoldt scopes are made for the different demands and specifications of military end users.

Glass and coating are not all the same due to the differing requirements of their respective applications.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Nathan Hunt

I have 5 conquest as I can not see spending the extra money on the more expensive scopes. They have never let me down track like no tomorrow and their customer service is second to none.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Domenic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 5 conquest as I can not see spending the extra money on the more expensive scopes. They have never let me down track like no tomorrow and their customer service is second to none. </div></div>

If they haven't let you down-how do you know that their customer service is second to none?

A friend scouting for trophies with a Ziess spotter....it snowed 3 different types of snow that day on us...the glass is flawless...
DSCN0842.jpg

DSCN0844.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Domenic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 5 conquest as I can not see spending the extra money on the more expensive scopes. They have never let me down track like no tomorrow and their customer service is second to none. </div></div>

If they haven't let you down-how do you know that their customer service is second to none?</div></div>

+1

Let me guess...You've had "friends" that told you so? Just because you cant justify or afford the extra cash does not mean there is not a benefit to be had with a better scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Domenic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 5 conquest as I can not see spending the extra money on the more expensive scopes. They have never let me down track like no tomorrow and their customer service is second to none. </div></div>

If they haven't let you down-how do you know that their customer service is second to none?</div></div>

+1

Let me guess...You've had "friends" that told you so? Just because you cant justify or afford the extra cash does not mean there is not a benefit to be had with a better scope. </div></div>

This doesn't need to be as nefarious a comment as it's being taken to be. He could have had dealing with CS to have questions answered, to have what he thought were issues resolved because of misunderstandings, they might have followed up with him on after purchase to see 'if everything is alright and to his expectations'. Something doesn't have to go wrong for one to be in contact with customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Domenic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 5 conquest as I can not see spending the extra money on the more expensive scopes. They have never let me down track like no tomorrow and their customer service is second to none. </div></div>

+1

Let me guess...You've had "friends" that told you so? Just because you cant justify or afford the extra cash does not mean there is not a benefit to be had with a better scope. </div></div>

This doesn't need to be as nefarious a comment as it's being taken to be. He could have had dealing with CS to have questions answered, to have what he thought were issues resolved because of misunderstandings, they might have followed up with him on after purchase to see 'if everything is alright and to his expectations'. Something doesn't have to go wrong for one to be in contact with customer service.

</div></div>

Sure...Although I've owned ample Zeiss products and they've never contacted me. In fact, I wouldn't even know how Zeiss would know how to get in touch with me.

But you're right...anything can happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sure...Although I've owned ample Zeiss products and they've never contacted me. In fact, I wouldn't even know how Zeiss would know how to get in touch with me.

But you're right...anything can happen. </div></div>

Mate, they're Germans.... of course they know...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget this.
Bottom line... great optics, are capable of making mistakes, but will give you a brand new scope.

GTG in my book.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...498#Post1624498 </div></div>

And still you say "Can't go wrong"?

You must be seriously happy with Zeiss.

N

Yep, wasn't in a hurry and they made it right. Especially when I bought the scope used. Now I have a brand new one and still haven't used it.

I have used Zeiss' customer service and they are awesome. I would not hesitate buying another Zeiss at anytime.

I dont know why some people got a little bent out of shape for the comment of "you can't go wrong" because its true. If the scope meets your application this is a very fine peice of equipment.

My opinion after having used many top brands, is that at the top of the market you pay for the bells and whistles that you want most. Many people have said that and its a pretty solid point of view.

Also, who cant get behind Zeiss' warranty. No matter who the owner is, how many times the scope has been sold, if something happens Zeiss will take care of it. Pretty dang good!

-Nate

I do believe my Victory Diavari 6-24x56 can take as much abuse as the next top of the line tactical scope. That being said I don't throw my rifle around either. The glass is so nice you tend to want to keep it that way. I have to mention that Zeiss is the only brand I can look through for hours on end with out getting eye strain or a headache. And yes Ive tried most other brands.

Only hangups with the Conquest line, of which I own 3 models, are the 1" tubes and IPHY turrets that run counter-clockwise. Their turret system is nice though.

I own 6 Conquests 4 3.5-10 and 2 6.5-20 they track very well shoot the box and have great glass.

Dustin

Had a German made Zeiss variable go tits up in the heat of the Kalahari. Erector froze up and locked the scope on 4X. Also, the objective eyepiece rubber ring came off as it was affixed with some sort of double sided sticky tape which melted in the heat. Scope was 10+ years old and Zeiss could not repair it. They sent me a brand new German made scope which was worth a lot more than what I paid for mine. Must say I flipped the replacement and put a Kahles on that rifle though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only hangups with the Conquest line, of which I own 3 models, are the 1" tubes and IPHY turrets that run counter-clockwise. Their turret system is nice though. </div></div>

Don't you mean clockwise for elevation ? or opposite of what us Americans are normally used to.

Steve