• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss Scope Rings ?

CaptNemo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2009
    Southern Alabama
    Anyone running the Zeiss Scope Rings with the integral bubble level ?

Looks a bit more streamlined and snag resistant than the typical bubble level on a scope tube, or is it too small and going to be lost behind the mag zoom ring and flip cap ring ?
    I want to upgrade the rings on my NRL22 gun now that I have a S3 6-36 X 56 scope on it and these look like a good way to decrease the amount of "Stuff" on the rifle.

I have a pair on my 636.
    Work fine.
    Depends on your ‘near’ vision for older folks like me.
    With my ‘new’ eye, my distance vision is now 20/15 uncorrected and I shoot with a blank shooting glass lens.
    Not so good for close focus.

Last edited:
    I've got 3 sets of them on different rifles. Very nice rings, the bubble level is not as easy to see as a forward mounted one, mainly due to my dodgy near vision but it's there so saves having to add an extra one. They are made by Tier One in the UK as far as I know.

Just wanted to bump this and see if others have used these and what your experiences were? They've caught some heat for allowing scopes to slip so just wanted to check in on these again and see if anyone has had any negative experiences with these? I have one pair and they've been great for me. I am looking to outfit 2 more rifles with rings and I'm either buying 2 more sets of these or ordering 3 sets of something else.

I haven't used them myself but my smith buddy loves em for precision rigs. I've held them and helped him put em on and they are definitely quality rings.

I picked up a couple of sets of the zeiss rings last year on a demo sale. They are very nice looking. Maybe the nicest looking I have seen. They have rounded edges and a low profile that goes well with a hunting rig which is probably their best application. The level vial does not have the best access to light though so it can be hard to see. Also, it is mounted so low that you may not be able to see it on many scopes when it is mounted on the front ring because the parallax knob will obstruct it and you may need to mount it on the rear ring. Lastly, the fit on the scope tube is not the snuggest I have encountered, I can see why some people have said they slip.

Bottom line, the Hawkins are better and a little cheaper. I think Hawkins is making the best rings out there. The centered level won't snag. The offset level is high enough to give you a good view of it with your non-dominant eye though it obviously sticks out a bit. So far I have kept the Zeiss rings I bought but you can bet future rings will be the Hawkins.

I have a pair on my Ruger RPR 22 lr,Zeiss 636, nice rings no problems but really overbuilt for a 22lr.