• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss spotter- which body is best

Robe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2002
Franklin, TN
Zeiss spotter- should I buy a straight or angled body? I can't decide. Please offer opinions on this.

Re: Zeiss spotter- which body is best

I shoot high power, and I have the 85mm spotter. For me it is easier to set up in position with the angled eye piece.

for competition work (high power, F-Class, etc.), I agree teh angled is easier to use. FOr field use, I prefer the straight, as its much easier to align. I have an 85mm angled, and do enough F-Class with it to make it useful. For pure field work, I'd go straight.

JeffVN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for competition work (high power, F-Class, etc.), I agree teh angled is easier to use. FOr field use, I prefer the straight, as its much easier to align. I have an 85mm angled, and do enough F-Class with it to make it useful. For pure field work, I'd go straight.

JeffVN </div></div>

I would agree with that 100%.

I use their 85mm straight for shooting off the bench and hunting in the Rockies

I have this mounted with a Manfrotto geared head. I can pan from target to target at range or, across a ridge with much easier than a my Manfrotto ball head