• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Victory Binocular

omurnion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Jordan, MT
I am curious if anyone has a set of the 10x45 or 8x45 with the rangefinder in them. I was playing with a pair today at the sporting goods store and I am looking for some input on how they are in the field.

Re: Zeiss Victory Binocular

I bought a pair and so did two of my friends. We all had the leica geovids and sold them for the Zeiss. There is no comparison in the way that they range past 700 yards. The Zeiss are that much better. I have ranged telephone poles to to 1300 yards where as with the leica's i could only go around 700 to 800 yards. The furthest reading with the ziess is 1710 yards. The optics are comparable between the two but the laser in the ziess is much stronger.

I have a Zeiss Victory Diavara scope and the glass is appreciably nicer than any of my LR type scopes. Wish they would build something designed for LR Precision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beanland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a pair and so did two of my friends. We all had the leica geovids and sold them for the Zeiss. There is no comparison in the way that they range past 700 yards. The Zeiss are that much better. I have ranged telephone poles to to 1300 yards where as with the leica's i could only go around 700 to 800 yards. The furthest reading with the ziess is 1710 yards. The optics are comparable between the two but the laser in the ziess is much stronger. </div></div>

So how far can you range deer(or cow)?

thx

I ranged a tree @ 1626 and a black cow @ 980 yds. I don't know how far i can range black cows, this is just how far this one was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beanland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ranged a tree @ 1626 and a black cow @ 980 yds. I don't know how far i can range black cows, this is just how far this one was. </div></div>

That is very impressive.

Wow,cant wait for tonite mine Zeiss prf arrives!!!

Have the Zeiss victory T* FL binos in 10x42...no range finder though. the finest and clearest binos I have ever owned...slightly better than swaros too.

Good choice...

Has anyone played with them on snow? I have had a Lieca 1200 and now have a Swarovski (just rangefinder,not binos) they both have issues with giving ranges on snow. I would like to have the bino and rangefinder in one unit, consistant readings out to 1000 meters would be really nice for a change.

I have used mine in snow. the ground was barely covered. They still seemed to range good.

I have to go see the accountant next week, I'm thinkin these would make a sweet deduction!

Just wondering how large is the target mark? How much surface does it cover at 1000 yards?