• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss VS Sightron

scubapro187

Chew
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
Helena, MT
OK I know there a quite a few threads on these scopes already but I can't find a comparison between these two.

These are the three scopes I have narrowed it down to:
A Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, or 4.5-14x50 and
A Sightron SIII 6-24x50 LR MD

How do the two brands compare? I've read mixed reviews on the Zeiss knobs.

Re: Zeiss VS Sightron

All of the optics you mentioned have excellent glass. Although Zeiss has bit of an edge. However the sightron will have the edge on tracking. All in all I think it is toss up but I'm I sightron fan thus I would go that route.

I once owned a Zeiss and I went with sightron on my next gun,
a much better scope I think. I have the SIII 6-20x50 mil dots and love it

Zeiss have excellent glass ware, both clear and sharp, althose I never have any experience with Sightron, Zeiss 6.5-20x50 is one of the best for the buck scope that I ever had in Mildot, but the BEST one of the best scope That I have ever handle is the Hensoldt ZF6-24*56 which Zeiss made for the Military. I can say that it would take alot to Edge out on the Hensoldt, even even compare side by side with S&B I have a hard time seeing which is the better one!...

Gunboy

Gun boy I think those Hensoldt scope in the $3,000 bucks bracket? The Sightron mentioned is under $800 bucks. That Hensoldt main genuine competition should be NASA Hubble don't you think?

NASA Hubble is abit much, but since it made in America, OK...
but I did mention about the Zeiss 6.5-20*50 Glass quality.
I did a rough compare between S&B and Zeiss but not to Sightron, Correct for the misunderstanding.