• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Warranty

j1r11

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2008
NY, USA
Well i decided to send in my Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 because the elevation turret did not feel or sound anything like my windage when making adjustments. I have 2 of the same scope and 1 --4.5-14x50, and they all do it. The lady at Zeiss said it should be the same as my windage turrets. Not wanting to send all 3 scopes in at once i decided to send 1 and here it is 9 weeks later and still no scope, so i called to see what the hell is going on and she told me that all Conquest's have to go overseas for repair and that it would probably be 12 weeks until i get it back.

WTF is up with that, i can spend 1/3 on a leupy and have it back in a week. Anyone have any conquest that have similar issues with the elevation turret or any experiences with Zeiss's repair time? The lady Did offer to send me a loaner scope if i give her a credit card #, which i did not understand because if i dont send back the loaner they could just keep my scope as they were the same. But anyway, i told her i would wait but before i hung up i asker her to adjust the loaner scopes windage and elevation and she told me the windage is solid and audible but the elevation was not. This makes 4 scopes that i have seen do this. Is the elevation engeneered this way for a reason? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Zeiss Warranty

My 6x20x50 Conquest scopes has very good elevation adj. same as the windage.I had a problem with my 3x12x56 Victory scope that I had put target knobs on and (Karen the ladys name)was Great.It took about 6 weeks to get a new scope but they had to install new target knobs over all I have been pleased.

Karen told me the Victory's are repaired here but the conquests are not.
Just to be clear--you elevation makes and audible click as loud as your windage and feels just as tactile as your windage?

Did Karen say where the Diavaria 6-24x56 scopes are repaired just in case there's a need to send in my scope?

Just checked my scope again and to me they seem to be the same but I am old and dont have the best of hearing.Also Karen told me that the Diavarias were sent back and the Conquests were repaired here so I dont know what is what.I would think since the Conquests are put together here they could be repaired here but I am not sure of anything at this point.I hope this helps

No, she just said that the conquests have to go overseas, but the Victory's do not, which makes no damn sense to me. I am assuming they are repaired at the same plant that you call for technical support, although i am not totally positive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just checked my scope again and to me they seem to be the same but I am old and dont have the best of hearing.Also Karen told me that the Diavarias were sent back and the Conquests were repaired here so I dont know what is what.I would think since the Conquests are put together here they could be repaired here but I am not sure of anything at this point.I hope this helps</div></div>

I would assume that too, but i am positive she said the conquests go overseas (Hungary) i am assuming like their Bino's.

Had 6.5-20 side focus fail. Took 4 months to get back. Bought shot show demo and had to send it back because side focus was too hard to turn. The one they sent me was not much better. After cranking turret until i got blisters watching TV it did loosen up.

I'm sending my 4.5-14 back tomorow. This is the 2nd time it has failed me. The reticle came loose again, & the paralex doesn't work right. The last time I sent it in was about 3 yrs. ago, & I had it back in a couple weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sending my 4.5-14 back tomorow. This is the 2nd time it has failed me. The reticle came loose again, & the paralex doesn't work right. The last time I sent it in was about 3 yrs. ago, & I had it back in a couple weeks.</div></div>

You reticle is etched in the glass, so i'm not sure how that would come loose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tioga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had 6.5-20 side focus fail. Took 4 months to get back. Bought shot show demo and had to send it back because side focus was too hard to turn. The one they sent me was not much better. After cranking turret until i got blisters watching TV it did loosen up.</div></div>

Nothing has actually failed or broke on me, i was just wondering about the feeling others have had with their turrets as far as audible and tactile feel and sound. Iy has been 11 weeks and still no scope, they need to get a damn repair shop in th USA!.

I have had no problems with the four I currently have. I never really did notice if they sound the same, just cared if they tracked well. They do. Hope they get it worked out for you asap.

Do you guys with S&B's, Swaro's or any other high end european scopes have to wait this long if you had ever had to send them out for repair?

The etching in the glass is fine on mine. The glass has come loose again. Won't hold zero. It did it after about 10 rnds when I first bought it, & after 3 yrs. It's doing it again. Something is rattling inside again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The etching in the glass is fine on mine. The glass has come loose again. Won't hold zero. It did it after about 10 rnds when I first bought it, & after 3 yrs. It's doing it again. Something is rattling inside again.</div></div>

OMG wow, thats crazy. did you tell them you want a new scope and not another repair job?

I had a piece of "debris", for lack of a better term, in the lower portion of the sight picture of my Conquest 6.5-20x50. Not really a bother but I went ahead and sent it in. I had a new scope in my hands 4 days later. I spoke with Sonja at Zeiss, and she said it could take a few weeks, but if my dealer had any in stock, ask him to send me a new one and then Zeiss would replace his. Removing the customer from the waiting list. My dealer did just that. Just a thought. My experience was top notch, and I am impressed with the bang for the buck on the Conquest. That said, if I were you, I would not be happy. Contact Sonja @ Zeiss. They could not have been any more helpful to me than they were. I think I saved her contact info in a document. IM me if you want it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j1r11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tioga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had 6.5-20 side focus fail. Took 4 months to get back. Bought shot show demo and had to send it back because side focus was too hard to turn. The one they sent me was not much better. After cranking turret until i got blisters watching TV it did loosen up.</div></div>

Nothing has actually failed or broke on me, i was just wondering about the feeling others have had with their turrets as far as audible and tactile feel and sound. Iy has been 11 weeks and still no scope, they need to get a damn repair shop in th USA!. </div></div>

I have handled only one (well, actually 2, counting the replacement) Conquest. The feel and sound of the turrets doing their thing is very consistent and audible and exactly the way I think they should be.

I'm not sure any more if they sent my old scope back repaired, or a new one. I think it was a new one. I'll ssume they will do the same again. When I get it back it'll be for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j1r11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys with S&B's, Swaro's or any other high end european scopes have to wait this long if you had ever had to send them out for repair? </div></div>

I sent a 6-24x50 Swarovski PH out last year. It had a broken turret. Sent it to SONA and they shipped it to Austria. I'd say it took right at one and a half to a max of two months but it came back perfect and at no charge! They not only replaced the broken turret, they replaced the other one with a new one also. Outstanding service and the broken turret wasn't even the scope's fault. In Swarovski's case they send the PH, 30 MM series back to Austria. The AV, American line is fixed here if there is ever a problem. I was thinking that the Conquest would have been repaired here and the others sent overseas so I'm not sure what the deal is. Seems different folks are getting different answers. Also a little disappointed to see so many folks having problems with the new Zeiss scopes. I have several and so far they've been really good scopes.

I sent in a Conquest about 2 yeas ago to have the elevation turret (capped hunting turret) converted to target turret, it took 5 weeks.

Never had a problem or failure with any of my Conquests.

I thought I'd add my experience to this thread. Purchased a conquest 6.5x20 at a sample sale for incredibly cheap. Glass is outstanding, and the best bang for the buck (if you can get past the lack of elevation). Big piece of debris showed up in the field of the scope within 10 rounds. Based on the comments above, I've decided to keep using the scope, notwithstanding the debris. I'll use the warranty if something else goes wrong.

I sent my Zeiss Conquest in about two years ago for target turrets. It took about three or four weeks. I have three Conquest scopes. I've never had a problem with them until recently. I recently painted the stock on my rifle and took it to be rezeroed as it had been disassembled. The side-focus is VERY loose and appears to only work to about the "200" mark. I tried to focus on some turkeys at 800 yards and the glass remained very blurry and the reticle bounced around if I moved my eyes up and down. I sure hope it isn't going to take as long as some of your wait times. I just contacted Karen and she suggested 8 weeks, which in my opinion, is far too long as well.