• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss ZBi #68 SFP Reticle Hunting/Range

General RE LEE

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2022
Middle TN
Selecting an optic for my 6mm ARC gas gun build. Zero interest whatsoever in a FFP reticle for hunting. Zeiss scopes have been reliable dialers, but I want something I can have fun with at the range and in the field without having to dial all the time.

Anyone familiar with this reticle? It’s a Christmas tree but not overkill and the center cross is illuminated.

IMG_9254.png
I’m

You could get one of those Leicas on close out instead and not have a gay ass MOA reticle. They have a 5 mil tree, mil knobs with zero stop, and are SFP.

Reactions: JakeM
You could get one of those Leicas on close out instead and not have a gay ass MOA reticle. They have a 5 mil tree, mil knobs with zero stop, and are SFP.

Sorry I’m not in the mil cool club. Zeiss has better service support. I’m in TN and Zeiss service is in KY.

As someone who’s had to use Zeiss’ warranty, I’ll have to disagree. I still bought another but their support is about as much to brag about as Beretta/Tikka.

As someone who’s had to use Zeiss’ warranty, I’ll have to disagree. I still bought another but their support is about as much to brag about as Beretta/Tikka.

I own a Conquest V4 and V6 already. They are solid and positive zero stop. I’ll roll the dice. Zeiss fan.

The conquest I sent in was solid until it wasn’t and they denied warranty because it had a “display model” sticker on the box from the store I bought it at. They make some good optics but their CS absolutely sucks.

Mrad is the superior measuring system for both elevation…

And wind estimation… (post 3)

Unlike most “tell me your opinion” threads in the optics forum, that quickly devolve in to a show and tell of “this is my favorite optic that meet none of your criteria,” this one is still mostly on track.

It’s winter, so go ahead and stick that finger in your ass to keep it warm.

Mrad is the superior measuring system for both elevation…

And wind estimation… (post 3)

Unlike most “tell me your opinion” threads in the optics forum, that quickly devolve in to a show and tell of “this is my favorite optic that meet none of your criteria,” this one is still mostly on track.

It’s winter, so go ahead and stick that finger in your ass to keep it warm.

Womp womp it was just inside your mom.

IDGAF about MOA vs MRAD. Just asked about a reticle.

Womp womp it was just inside your mom.

IDGAF about MOA vs MRAD. Just asked about a reticle.
You’re going to need a shower. She’s been dead for a nearly 2 decades.

What do you want? It’s a reticle with minor hashes every 1 moa and major hashes every 5 moa. That the stadia lines are “hollow” is kinda cool, but it’s a SFP reticle and the same effect could be had with a thinner line. (The hollow stadia, I think, would work really well on a FFP scope to draw your eye to the center at low magnification.)

Overall, I think the hollow stadia lines of the reticle would be better on a FFP scope, and MRAD is the better system for a scope that is “not dialed all the time.” I think the reticle is a poor choice for your application.

How did you know by the pic small dick guy? You must be familiar with the interior.

Got wife, 5 kids and a mortgage. Odyssey is a great vehicle for the family. I drive a truck.

You’re clearly driving an odyssey in that picture you posted, not a truck.

If you want to have a dick measuring contest just let me know when I’ve pulled out enough to win.

Now ro be a bit more productive, My brother insisted on a 4-16 SFP Conquest with that reticle for the 7 mag I assembled for him.

It works as well as you would want for a SFP tree reticle I suppose. I was more impressed with the glass for the money.

Reactions: General RE LEE
The Zeiss ballistic app will help you out. Depending on your load, speed, ballistic coefficient, etc, there is a "best" zoom that will correspond to those lines. Around 2013 I bought a Kimber Mountain Ascent in 280 Ackley. The rifle is nice and light and all but it's a real POS. Zeiss had a scope wrapped to match so I figured, WTF. The scope is far better than the rifle. The reticle is similar to what you have but the stadia are labeled, first one down is blank then 4, 5 and 6. With the load I have for that rifle, the app tells me the best zoom is 7x. The stadia now are holdovers for 296 yards, 390 yards, 492 and 590 yards. Pretty close. I have verified and it's real close, depending on temperature. The app also has a weather feature but I haven't used it.
That scope is a 2-10. I have DOPE for 2x, 7x and 10x written on cards. All 3 zooms on one card, cards for -2000, 0, 2000, 4000 and 6000 DA. I can range the animal, look at my DOPE and change the zoom to meet the disance the best. Works just fine and takes no longer than dialing any other scope.

I run the app for my 22 250 that wears a rapid z 600. Works for wood chucks to 350 yards so far. I'd say that reticle looks good.

How does an illuminated reticle work in low light? Does it wash everything out like my range finder?

I run the app for my 22 250 that wears a rapid z 600. Works for wood chucks to 350 yards so far. I'd say that reticle looks good.

How does an illuminated reticle work in low light? Does it wash everything out like my range finder?

Reticle looks good. Only center cross is illuminated and there are multiple intensity settings. On low setting it doesn’t drown out target whatsoever.

I was at range yesterday and with Zeiss app I was hitting steel out to 600 yards with just hold overs. I did 8x where the values are doubled. Zeiss app gives yardages based off zoom.

Pic out dining room. No one on course.

IMG_9327.png

Oh, get it now. You already bought the scope and came here for validation of your purchase.

Ok. Good job. It will work… fine… if you put in the effort. It’s better than some. Not as good as others.

Oh, get it now. You already bought the scope and came here for validation of your purchase.

Ok. Good job. It will work… fine… if you put in the effort. It’s better than some. Not as good as others.

Funny that the guy that will take a pic flipping off the camera driving around in his odyssey doesn’t take through the scope pics at the range where he claimed to be banging steel.

I’m still waiting for the pics of the magnetospeed claimed velocity’s and have my doubts that he even owns a chrono.

No dick wad I started this thread before I bought the scope. Scope delivered Friday.

While I've used apps before to determine drops for SFP against multiple mag levels, man, it's anything but exact. Definitely not quick, definitely not exact and definitely easy to screw up during the fog of a hunt. If I hunted with any SFP that required me getting holds at anything other than max mag, I woul dial.

Funny that the guy that will take a pic flipping off the camera driving around in his odyssey doesn’t take through the scope pics at the range where he claimed to be banging steel.

I’m still waiting for the pics of the magnetospeed claimed velocity’s and have my doubts that he even owns a chrono.

Here comes the faggot again.

Shot marker at the range I belong to has velocity at 100 yards. I trued up velocity at longer range. 2580 FPS with a 6 ARC isn’t unheard of.

I own 2 chronos.

IMG_9334.jpeg