• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Zielvier info, any collectors here?

JL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2005
Banned
Would like to know more about scope, but in dead end.
I know that model was introduced 1920. And it was used in WWII with K98 sniper rifle. Could also be later production (post 1947) from Eastern Germany.

Serial 90675 stamped on top of BDC knob, not next to "Carl Zeiss Jena" logo on top of ocular as I have seen on many (all) googled Zielviers.
Note integrated rail, I was told by Zeiss collector that its very uncommon to see on Zielvier.

Rifle is owned by a good friend, and still occasionally serves in its original purpose- as a seal hunting rifle. Still shooting great!

All info highy appreciated- thanks in advance!
Also, if cant get hold of Zeiss experts here, could someone point me to some dedicated forum please!

2lvmy3t.jpg

148kc41.jpg

Re: Zeiss Zielvier info, any collectors here?

Probably worth a bit of money that scope...too bad your mate covered it in housepaint.

Re: Zeiss Zielvier info, any collectors here?

Rifle was painted about 60 years ago, it is kept in exactly same condition it was used then.