• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zenith z43p experiences (5.56 roller lock hk 33 "clone"

gro

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2013
Oregon
Hey everyone,

I have been looking outside the AR style and the Zenith z43p (HK 33 clone) has caught my eye. Has anyone owned or shot one? What did you like or dislike about it? I've heard it wrecks brass, but I don't reload at this time so that is a non-issue.

Obviously this would just be a range toy. I have enough AR's and AK's and I am looking for a less common 5.56 firearm. I know they aren't currently being imported, but used ones come up for sale on occasion on various sites.

Thanks in advance,
Greg.

z43.jpg

z432.jpg

Ahh yes, the elusive Zenith 43P. I felt the same as you, had some AR's and AK's and wanted something different. Indeed it is, and it is one of my favorite carbines. It does wreck brass, but it eats anything and as a result I normally use cheap Tula steel cased ammo in it. Its a great rifle and I dont regret buying it one bit. I have a spare Green Wide Forend I'd be willing to sell if you do end up getting a Z43.

Reactions: gro
View attachment 7184135

View attachment 7184136

Ahh yes, the elusive Zenith 43P. I felt the same as you, had some AR's and AK's and wanted something different. Indeed it is, and it is one of my favorite carbines. It does wreck brass, but it eats anything and as a result I normally use cheap Tula steel cased ammo in it. Its a great rifle and I dont regret buying it one bit. I have a spare Green Wide Forend I'd be willing to sell if you do end up getting a Z43.
Dang it, I went from that would be cool to get, to "she will be mine."

That is a sweet set up. With regards to the brace, is it just a standard SB tactical, or do you have to get a special buffer version?

Dang it, I went from that would be cool to get, to "she will be mine."

That is a sweet set up. With regards to the brace, is it just a standard SB tactical, or do you have to get a special buffer version?
Standard SB brace as it comes from Zenith. I’ve had zero problems with this setup and intend to shoot it suppressed this way too. Warranty covers it too.

Good luck finding one.......for sale

Better think about mags. The best cheapest mags are the 40rnd aluminum ones coming in from South Africa but they are getting tougher to find, $70-120. I wish Magpul would make some but...
German steel 30rnd mags are $75.
Most of the plastic mags are junk.

Better think about mags. The best cheapest mags are the 40rnd aluminum ones coming in from South Africa but they are getting tougher to find, $70-120. I wish Magpul would make some but...
German steel 30rnd mags are $75.
Most of the plastic mags are junk.
The Turkish military mags are plastic and I've had no issues with them. Theyre usually around 35$ a pop. 5 Mags for a range toy should last you a good long time...

Hey everyone,

I have been looking outside the AR style and the Zenith z43p (HK 33 clone) has caught my eye. Has anyone owned or shot one? What did you like or dislike about it? I've heard it wrecks brass, but I don't reload at this time so that is a non-issue.

Obviously this would just be a range toy. I have enough AR's and AK's and I am looking for a less common 5.56 firearm. I know they aren't currently being imported, but used ones come up for sale on occasion on various sites.

Thanks in advance,
Greg.
They are heavier than an AR especially if you get a collapsible stock. If the headspace is set up right they recoil very little. Stock triggers are terrible. The ones I have had have been very reliable. I welded picatinny rails to the receivers and used m4 Aimpoints.

Reactions: CCFRN