• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt Bighorn Origin recoil lug?

blue_ridge

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
Eastern NC
Does the Zermatt (Bighorn) Origin action use standard Rem700 recoil lugs or Savage or something else? They use small shank Savage barrel threads and are a Rem700 footprint receiver, but I can’t find anything about the recoil lug specifically. Also the Zermatt website doesn’t list them for sale.

Yup call them or the seller but don't try to make something else work as you just screwed up the ability to use shouldered prefits.

While I'm sure Zermatt will take care of you if your "What the fuck?" goes unanswered... thanks for reminding me that with one of these one can use TL3 prefits too: https://huntslongrange.com/product/hlr-origin-0-150-thick-recoil-lug/

(I'd been meaning to pick one up for a while, since for ~$35 you can make it twice as likely that you'll find a prefit in-stock somewhere.)

While I'm sure Zermatt will take care of you if your "What the fuck?" goes unanswered... thanks for reminding me that with one of these one can use TL3 prefits too: https://huntslongrange.com/product/hlr-origin-0-150-thick-recoil-lug/

(I'd been meaning to pick one up for a while, since for ~$35 you can make it twice as likely that you'll find a prefit in-stock somewhere.)
This is my plan also, but I found a prefit Origin barrel I’m interested in and would need a .250” lug for that. Otherwise, I’ll get the HLR 0.150” lug and a TL3 barrel.

Reactions: CK1.0
This is my plan also, but I found a prefit Origin barrel I’m interested in and would need a .250” lug for that. Otherwise, I’ll get the HLR 0.150” lug and a TL3 barrel.

Don’t forget that with an Origin using a Savage-threaded barrel is an option as well. Some people look down their noses at barrel-nut setups, but having used both, IMO they’re almost the same thing and just as good. Crown Ridge Barrel Works makes great barrels for that, they shoot great for stupid low money and their barrel nut looks much better than most of the others out there.

Reactions: blue_ridge