• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt Greyboe phoenix & M5 DBM feeding problems in 6.5 PRC

shootnozeros

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2019
Can someone here heard me in the right direction?
I had a gun built in 6.5 PRC with a Zermatt long origin action, M5 bottom metal and a greyboe phoenix stock.
It worked one day not flawlessley but accepable, now its the fanciest singleshot I own.
Attached is a picture that has 2 silver sharpie marks of travel (measuring from bottom of line to bottom of line) from gravity down of mag to one finger pressure up of mag, seem acceptable in up and down movement in the magazine? I have 2 other DBM guns of other makers and they have a lot less than a 1/8'' travel up and down movement. This gun has 1/4'' slop of up and down movement in the magazine, Is this normal with hawkins M5 bottom metal??
I'm not blaming anyone I'm just looking to fix it. I just dont want a single shot.

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
No, that’s not normal. The slop is from the gap between mag release to the bottom of the action being too large. Possible issues: mag release lever too short, dbm inletting not deep enough, or action is sitting too high.

Some additional questions: what magazine are you using? Did you buy the dbm new or used? Was the stock bedded?

I have a similar setup but running Hawkins Hunter DBM and mag.

Reactions: Terry Cross
No, that’s not normal. The slop is from the gap between mag release to the bottom of the action being too large. Possible issues: mag release lever too short, dbm inletting not deep enough, or action is sitting too high.

Some additional questions: what magazine are you using? Did you buy the dbm new or used? Was the stock bedded?

Accurate mag 300WM 3.715. All parts were supposed to be new, but I'm taking gunsmiths word. But I would like to think everything was new. Gun was a complete new build. No stock is not bedded, but damn sure needs to be. It will be if I can get to bottom of feeding problems.
If more pics are needed let me know.

PS
The front action screws only grab 1.5 to 2 threads at absolute most in action. Which leads me to believe something is to thick somwhere.

Funny I found pillar height needed from Nick D @ hawkins DBM on you tube after 2 weeks of searching. My POS Greyboe stock is .062 to tall on front pillar and .014 to tall (edited) on rear pillar as per Nick's math. Welcome to America where its all about the money.

Last edited:
PS
Dont buy a gun or scope from any of the many gunmakers or gun shops in Ten Sleep WY. (population 254). They are about a 1/2 step above or below a junk savage rifle.

Too short seems odd since you have a gap that’s causing a gap. If your Smith did not alter the stock then I bet Greyboe will replace it since it appears to be out of spec. Or send to to someone more who more reputable that will mill it and bed it at the correct height. Any reputable Smith would check function before hand it off.

Too short seems odd since you have a gap that’s causing a gap. If your Smith did not alter the stock then I bet Greyboe will replace it since it appears to be out of spec. Or send to to someone more who more reputable that will mill it and bed it at the correct height. Any reputable Smith would check function before hand it off.
Yep your right its also .014 tall I was thinking wrong. I'm no gun smith and really dont wanna do this work. But happy now, the machine work on a stock is the easiest thing for me to have fixed. This is first post I have made I think and guess i didnt see the edit button.

Last edited: