• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zermatt medium actions

long range sponge

Not quite OAF, more App-erator AF
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2013
Springfield OH
Anyone in the mood to build a 7SAUM or 284??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211224-234500_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20211224-234500_Gmail.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
I was considering rebarreling my short action Origin for 6.5 PRC. I had to stop and wonder when I got that email. I'm not sure a medium-size action would be necessary and I didn't want to spend for a whole new rifle. Hmmm....

Reactions: Jackomason
It drops in SA chassis without any modifications?

The email I got says, "Some commonly used stock and chassis manufactures have information on hand for this action. Information can be provided to others upon request.". So I assume not? IDK

I was considering rebarreling my short action Origin for 6.5 PRC. I had to stop and wonder when I got that email. I'm not sure a medium-size action would be necessary and I didn't want to spend for a whole new rifle. Hmmm....
I have a 6.5 PRC in a short action. It works, but a little more length would have been useful for the heavier/longer bullets. The trade-off is that medium length magazines are harder to find than short action.

I would go with Zermatt if the price is right and if it has the Rem 700 SA footprint.
I've been looking at the Ruckus Tac to do that job.

@Zermatt Arms could definitively answer but I'd venture a guess it's not the same as their SA footprint. Good chassis options from MDT and XLR available as well as Manners and McMillan. I have exactly zero experience with XM size actions. Wonder how they feed 223/224V/6ARC size cartridges.

MDT ACC has an option for the Defiance XM length.

Wonder if the medium action will fit this?

Interested.

I have a Mesa altitude stock waiting for inlet, I'm going to change to deviant xm for the origin medium. 7saum is gonna be my chamber. Does anyone know if @HawkinsPrecision is going to run the hunter dbm in xm length?

I like the concept of the medium actions and hope it continues to grow.
I agree. Hard to believe defiance and lone peak have been the only available options until now. The origin is going to sell like mad. The fact it takes bdl and dbm feed almost make tl3/sr3 irrelevant.