• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise and Tangent Theta Toughness

mike10

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2019
I keep hearing that ZCO and TT are in a tier of their own above some of the other high end scopes like the Nightforce, Kahles, Schmidt and Bender, and others. Based on everything I have heard and seen, I have no doubt that the TTs and ZCOs are nicer, have better glass, turrets, etc.

BUT, I have never heard people talk about how tough the TTs and ZCs are. I would assume they are built well and will hold up fine with regular use, but does their hefty price tag also include insane durability like say, a Nightforce, which are reputed as some of the toughest and most reliable optics around?

I guess what I'm asking is for those who have used and abused ZCO and TT, when it comes down to the wire, would you trust your ZCO or TT deep behind enemy lines with no good recourse if your optics were to fail or, at the end of the day, is your ZCO/TT just a reliable dialer with superior glass and features for use in a controlled environment?

Just curious to know since I am looking at buying a ZCO and or Tangent and I don't baby my scopes at all, especially when hunting and I really really hate when equipment fails in the field.

I’ve owned 6-7 7-35 atacrs 2 ZCO 4 TT and many other scopes. I literally have no problem trusting either of them in any kind of environment. Hence why I have no NF left.

Reactions: Secant and mike10
I heard ZCO was going to do some Nightforce style torture tests
Would love to see that. It's just so unacceptable to have $3000+ optics fail on you especially when you are in the field (hunt, match, etc.) so you like to see and hear guys testify from their own experience that the gear holds up.

Yes, they are every way as dependable in the field as their specs are on paper.

In fact, there are 200-ish shooters in TX torture testing their ZCO and TT scopes these past couple days...

Reactions: Secant
This is such a pervasive misconception in optics circles. There are bunches of extremely durable optics at lower price points. Expensive optics also suffer from some pretty silly failure rates. My buddy runs a PMII on his comp rifle. He just sent that back a few months ago because the turret was malfunctioning. Out at the range a few hours ago, he told me it was already doing it again.

Spending $4k or more on a scope isn't going to make it any tougher than the large majority of scopes at half that price. It just doesn't cost that much for quality and durability. Thats not what your buying with the additional cost of the scope.

Would love to see that. It's just so unacceptable to have $3000+ optics fail on you especially when you are in the field (hunt, match, etc.) so you like to see and hear guys testify from their own experience that the gear holds up.

books on face isn’t my thing but it appears that the ZCO has suffered through some torture. I personally wouldn’t want to throw mine into the ground on the elevation turret, but it is survivable On this particular scope. judge the test for yourself.

Reactions: fortunt1
If u iz scard about braking ur scope, stop been a litl bitch n get the nightforce.

Nightforce iz the only scope n history to pass the milSPEC test MIL-STD-6969A and iz built to MIL-PRF23699.

They teh only scopes that pass the getting shot in combat test and the get frozen hammer n nail test, do I need to say more???

All da other scopes are just playn games compare to the nightforce, if you wana play hard then play hard, no pissin around with all this other weak ass pussy shit.

Anyone remember the thread where a guy had to sue Nightforce because they wouldn't fix a broken scope?

Nothing is perfect, and anything can be broken.

Anyone remember the thread where a guy had to sue Nightforce because they wouldn't fix a broken scope?

Nothing is perfect, and anything can be broken.
you’re wrong man, nightforce can’t break. You can, however, pick between the standard model or the “+spindrift” model.

A08FAB69-A294-4F23-A1B0-881E802512DD.png

Anything mechanical can and will suffer failures at some point.
The biggest difference is initial QC from the company, and how their customer sevice is.

I've been running my Tangent for almost 3 years now (probably 7-10k rounds worth based off of my barrel pile) and havent had a single issue with what its been through during matches. I dont use it as a hammer, but I do use it.
I've also had S&B, NF. The only one I had any issue with was my S&B ended up with some oil or something on the lens after 3-4 years. Sent it in just for that. they cleaned it and even did some adjusting that the tech thought made the turrets/parallax/zoom ring feel better to him, I had no complaints about that stuff. They paid shipping both ways and i had it back in less than two weeks with shipping time and work.

I dunno if you’re going to get any sort of solid feedback on dudes abusing their scopes here. ….most are too scared to paint them, let alone allow them time outside of the safe. Gotta keep em wrapped up so they don’t start to show signs of wear 😂

I’ve been interested in getting a ZCO just to see for myself. Just hard to pull away from my ATACRs.

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper