• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise at the Brawl

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2011
    Brownsville, Tx
    Finally had time to sit down and think a bit after the Brawl. I got part of my order from Zero Compromise on Wednesday before the Brawl, just recently signup with them to be a dealer. Mounted the scope on my AX in a Spuhr mount. Was able to finish loading, chrony and sight in, zero the turrets just in time for the match. Day 1 of the Brawl started off with a lite drizzle and intense fog. So bad the tower stages were closed for the earlier part of the day. Seeing a 400yd target with your eyes was hard to impossible. So we went to a couple other stages to start the day. Then the tower opened....we ran to the tower to take advantage of the very light winds. We climb the tower and start position are rifles to do the reverse frustration ladder, you start at 1000yds and work your way down to 300yds. Any miss at any distance requires you to g back to 1000, must hit ti move on. We all lay down and start looking at the first target, i hear several say "i cant see the target". I could see the target fairly clear, of course with a haze from the fog, the dirt area was visible as well. And again i hear a few say " i cant see the target", we joke, I turn around and the spotter/RO shrugged his shoulders in agreeance. So the first shooter is called to get ready. He sends his first shot, its .2 off the left edge, i call, he corrects, IMPACT. The next target is at 900, he sends the first, I call IMPACT, goes to 800, miss off the left edge, back to 1000, hits center of target, i call IMPACT, hits 900, IMPACT, then time runs out with 2 hits. RO asked "how in the hell are you able to see the misses?". I tell him its actually fairly clear except for the fog, but still visible. The RO is using 20-60 spotter, maybe its in to tight and only seeing the fog or maybe focus was out of adjustment, but I was easily able to spot impacts and misses in the dirt.
    The rest of the match was just as fun, I had no trouble seeing all the targets, now hitting everything was all on me, I did better then i thought, not what i expected but saw where I needed to improve.....movers. The scope tracked perfect and I am not delicate with my tools, zero held great as I just checked it today. I tried dialing wind on a few single target stages and i was impressed at how easy yet firm the turrets were. I heard of another shooter that rubbed his scope (not a ZCO) prior to a stage on his sling that caused the dialed windage to be off by 2/10. I was impressed with the glass, I loved the turrets, loved the locking and that reticle is the best I've seen in a while. Parallax shined when we had that B&T one shot at 43yds and i was able to use full 27x. The throw lever on the magnification ring was just the right size to help but not be in the way. I'm truly impressed with all the features on this scope, Nothing comes close.

I've owned almost every type of scope, from Premier back in the day to my most recent 3-27 Schmidt. Zero Compromise is here to stay, next i'll run it on my Vudoo for the Texas State 22LR Championships.

Have you ever run a Tangent Theta, any comparison?

Glass may be a little better on TT, depending on who’s looking at it.

TT turrets are phenomenal, but I think the zco dials faster and prefer the locking as well as low profile turrets.

Reticle is “better” in zcomp. Again, personal preference there.

Ergonomics of the zcomp blow every other optic out of water, including TT.

Parallax is not picky at all. Still need to test and see where it’s actually “parallax free.”

TT is still going to be the “best” for a lot of people. But I think the overall feature set (reticle, glass, ergos, etc) combine to make the zco one of the best.

Also, the mpct1 and the main stadia (not tree) on the mpct2 is readable at 5x.

I can actually see the .2 (again, not on tree).

Dark background will probably wash it out on 5x. But I was able to see the main stadia .2’s against brick buildings at +/- 100yds

Reactions: trophyhunter
    I got one zcomp coming in for testing and comparison tomorrow vs. new sb lrr and the k525
    ..any of these scope is avail for sell just pm me..dont offer trade unless........ZERO COMPROMISE!

Have you ever run a Tangent Theta, any comparison?
    I have, MPCT2 reticle was better for me, didn’t like the center dot on Gen3xr then another dot on the wind holds, I prefer hashes, 50m parallax didn’t work for NRL22 and didn’t think the tooless zero non-locking turrets were worth $1000 more.
    Edge to edge view on the ZCO is amazing, it’s like the tube disappears and you just see a crystal clear image.

Last edited:
    I have, MPCT2 reticle was better for me, didn’t like the center dot on Gen3xr then another dot on the wind holds, I prefer hashes, 50m parallax didn’t work for NRL22 and didn’t think the tooless zero non-locking turrets were worth $1000 more.
    Edge to edge view on the ZCO is amazing, it’s like the tube disappears and you just see a crystal clear image.
    Like hensoldt maybe?

Reactions: trophyhunter
    I’ve played with 1 hendsoldt for less the 2mins

I don’t have enough info to even compare, just played with the turrets then it was my turn on the stage.

I got one zcomp coming in for testing and comparison tomorrow vs. new sb lrr and the k525
    ..any of these scope is avail for sell just pm me..dont offer trade unless........ZERO COMPROMISE!

I'll be patiently waiting on your review and commit then..... who am I kidding :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the S&B LRR

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the S&B LRR
    I do have one on my x47
    And @Dthomas3523 tried them too for v22
    IMO not a goot ret for v22 unless you strictly shooting beyond 100y.
    The dot is so small i needed to turn on illum at 100y at full power..when zeroing..BUT shooting 1k yards to a mile that small dot does shine :)

I do have one on my x47
    The dot is so small i needed to turn on illum at 100y at full power..when zeroing..BUT shooting 1k yards to a mile that small dot does shine :)
    View attachment 7035911

Ya, it’s daylight visible illumination which helps a lot. But it was just a tad small. .035 or so is perfect for me.

Reactions: bjay
    Two weekends in a row at Rifles Only. Zcomp didn’t take a beating, but it wasn’t a gentle two weekends either. Also got soaking wet with mist and rain for a few hours today.

So far, so good.

Reactions: CSTactical
    I do have one on my x47
    View attachment 7035911

I saw this and had to got to my buddies Instagram page, he has a video of shooting up there a while back.

Reactions: bjay