• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise opinion

sandman812

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2023
ferndale wa
Hi All, and good morning ( somewhere ) im attending a sniper class next june out to 1400 yards and 3500 FT elevation

i have personally looked thru a ZC scope and was impressed. I have looked thru nightforce actars, vortex razors, all nice all very nice

why don't PRS and king of the 1 mile guys use ZC is it cost? quality ? give me you honest opinion and let me know what you all think.

what you would recommend

Im a firm believer in buy once cry once and for a 3500 ish scope price tag another 500 for a zc ... its only money right.

thanks

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
They’re good scopes, I personally wouldn’t buy one and would buy a TT instead but if it’s what makes you happy go for it. There are some people using them in PRS but they’re nowhere near as common as some others.

Hi All, and good morning ( somewhere ) im attending a sniper class next june out to 1400 yards and 3500 FT elevation

i have personally looked thru a ZC scope and was impressed. I have looked thru nightforce actars, vortex razors, all nice all very nice

why don't PRS and king of the 1 mile guys use ZC is it cost? quality ? give me you honest opinion and let me know what you all think.

what you would recommend

Im a firm believer in buy once cry once and for a 3500 ish scope price tag another 500 for a zc ... its only money right.

thanks
ZCO actually has a really large market share in PRS among the tier one scopes. Not sure where it is that you aren’t seeing them. I see them every match in every part of the country.
Obviously you’ll still see less expensive scopes more because a lot of people don’t want to or can’t spend that type of money on a scope.
Between TT and ZCO I’d take a good guess it is at least even if not more ZCO. Certain regions you’ll see more than the other, but as a whole across the country I think I’ve seen more ZCO on the firing line.

what you would recommend

thanks

ZCO's are used in both sports as @Covertnoob5 stated above, there's a decent amount in PRS and NRL considering they don't fully sponsor anyone like the other manufacturers listed.

Reactions: PRDRIVER

what you would recommend

thanks
Which ZCO scopes did you look through?

Reactions: JulianD
Out west you will see a lot of ZCO scopes (more than I saw on the east coast) and their support of matches has really been excellent from what I have experienced over the last year out here in the mountain west. You see a lot more Vortex Razors and MK5s etc because you can get ~80-90% of the performance for half the price with a good deal. Mil veterans are able to get pretty good deals on Nightforce too so you can get 90% of the performance for about 75% of the cost.

Also, for years at PRS matches, there have been a lot of Nightforce, Vortex and Leupold optics given away with many more years of being a business as well. I love my Zco but if the cost of the optic limited how much I could shoot, I would shoot one of the above and spend the extra dough on bullets, powder, primers, gas and match fees.

Most of us shooting these sports work for a living so it’s often a trade off of priorities. The guy at the ELR match with a MK5 on top of his MRAD might also have a $20,000 race gun in the truck that he’s going to go shoot a pistol match with the next day. You never know. I’ve got a Zco and love it. One of these days I’ll get a tangent if they make a reticle that I like.

The fact they are $3500-$4k optics that are rarely discounted or given away....and still the 4th most popular scope, is a huge testament.

Leupolds can be had far cheaper and also heavily discounted/sponsored. Same with razor gen 2. The ATACR 7-35 has been out much longer and is still cheaper.

So, really impressive to be number 4 considering all this.

Obviously this list isn't going to be perfect, but pretty good idea.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 6.32.15 PM.png

I preferred the ZCO.. but if you need that extra magnification you kinda have to go ATACR. ZCO has better glass, cuts through mirage better.

Reactions: The Godfather