• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic ZC527 vs Nightforce ZF NXS 8-32x56 MOAR-T

Volker

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
Germany
Dear "Professions",
i got the problem to choose between the
Zero Compromise ZC527
and the
Nightforce NXS 8-32x56

so all my guy´s told me to buy the Nightforce but i am not sure witch ist better. In Germany there are just less ZCO Rifel Scopes on the Field.
My guys mean that the Nightforce with 1/8 MOA is much more better then the 0.1 MIL

So I hope the Professions in USA can help me to do the right coice!

Kind Regads to the Land of Long Range

Volker

It isn't really much of a comparison, the ZCO is a few tiers higher than an NXS. I think it would be more down to your reticle preference, price difference, and availability for you. If you're willing to pay the $$$ for a ZCO, there isn't anything in its class other than a Tangent Theta.

I'm no expert but saying what your intended use will be should help people. Also, whether you're more comfortable using MRAD or MOA. As you're from Germany, I'd suspect the former!

How do you see the better adjustment of the NXS - is it realy a Point to choise that or is 0,1MRAD absolutly enough behause the bullets wont have that precision?
Maybe there are shooters they have both of the Scopes and can Tils their opinion?
How do you See the 1. /2. Focal plane?

Regards Volker

Mils and first focal plane would be the general consensus around the forum for anything that isn't hunting related. .1 mil adjustments compared to .25 moa adjustments doesn't really matter once you put a person behind the rifle.

My scope on my AXMC is a ZCO 527 and my friend uses a nightforce ATACR, he will be the first person to say that if you have the money you should buy a ZCO.

Reactions: gebhardt02
Hi jtackmann,
the offer of the Nigtforce would have a 1/8 (.125 MOA) adjustment - is this double better adjustment decisive?
My Friends mean- thats it!
I would either choose the ZCO.

Hi jtackmann,
the offer of the Nigtforce would have a 1/8 (.125 MOA) adjustment - is this double better adjustment decisive?
My Friends mean- thats it!
I would either choose the ZCO.

For practical purposes, all that means is you need about 3x as many clicks to dial for the same distance. It’s not going to make a difference in target hit percentage for anything other than F-class at 1000yd - which is why the only scopes that bother with 0.125moa / 0.05mrad are F-class scopes.

Can you See the difference between the 30 /36 er tube?

No, and anyone who says otherwise is lying. That said, with the 36mm tube there’s room for a lot more elevation adjustment while keeping a robust structure. The ZCO would have much better optics in every single way but that’s not a function of tube size.

Reactions: gebhardt02
so the argument with a adjustment on 0.125 Moa on 100 / 300 yards are not really an advantage - is that right?

0.1 Mrad on 100 yards on the ZCO
and the
0,036 Mrad on the Nightforce .... might be more comfortable on the Nightforce?
Do you handle that on the hold point in the Rectile?

I had a nxs. I don’t own a zcomp but I have a few minox zp5 scopes and I can tell you the image quality isn’t even in the same realm. So I would assume it to be the same comparing a nxs to the zcomp.

so the argument with a adjustment on 0.125 Moa on 100 / 300 yards are not really an advantage - is that right?

0.1 Mrad on 100 yards on the ZCO
and the
0,036 Mrad on the Nightforce .... might be more comfortable on the Nightforce?
Do you handle that on the hold point in the Rectile?

Unless your bullseye is a gnat’s testicle, you won’t be measurably more accurate with 0.036mrad dialing than 0.1mrad. Yes, it’s technically fine tuning, but it just doesn’t matter. The majority of the hit probability zone is substantially larger than that.

I wouldn’t say there’s any real point trying a reticle holdover for something that small. You can, it just makes a 1% difference, if that. Which, to be fair, does matter for F class and more-perfect dialing could be the difference between 1st and 5th place.

I personally do not use flip up covers. I use the scope cover that comes with the scope. I never forget to remove this before a stage and it protects the entire scope instead of just the lenses. I also find it works better in freezing matches compared to scope caps.

The zcomp is dramatically better, they aren’t even close to the same class of optic. That’s like comparing a vw Jetta to a 911 turbo s :)

The NF ATACR 7-35 is in the same general category of the zcomp, but most would still consider the zco to be a better optic.

Hallo and a great thank you to all,

now my decision is clear - i will buy the ZCO527
Can´t wait to look trough!

My guys will nail me to the Wall because i don´t take their advise to buy the NXS - we will see how it´s going on.
Maybe they change their mind.

@gebhardt02
you ar so right - everyting was told - but i try to get last drop and your "Absolution" to spend that money. If i dont replay.... my wife killed me :) !

Hope that is the right decsision and waiting for DHL Truck!

Volker