• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Gravity scope mounts?

357Max

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2019
    Marylandistan
    Has anyone tried one of these mounts yet? Thoughts?

They're 7075 & kind of similar hinge to the ARC mounts. Look interesting.

1701653129298.png

Are you affiliated with the company? They seem a bit copycat.

Are you affiliated with the company? They seem a bit copycat.
    No that’s why I’m asking if anyone has tried one.

I like the hinges on the ARC M brace mount, but I think their highest mount is like 1.45” not really ideal for AR platforms.

I remember something about them (or similar, maybe not them) which had a splitting issue around the hinge pin, so the revised the amount of interlocking fingers. I *think* that was another brand which had only 1 hinge, and one bolt on a side... not a top mounted screw.

These look OK, from an engineering and desing point of view. I like the triangle insert bits.

The hinge concept is well proven. I’m more curious about the rail clamp set up. View attachment 8288179
    In theory, at least without me thinking too hard about it . Seems like the triangle shape would put the clamping more evenly across the rail piece. Not sure if that actually helps or not with it holding the clamp or not. We don't really have an issue with high quality mounts slipping though as is or i haven't anyway. Always good to improve designs though. Doesn't look like there's a way to mount a red dot or laser or anything on top?

Doesn't look like there's a way to mount a red dot or laser or anything on top?
    True & good point. Badger & Geissele have that option if needed. For me this mount would be mid range 14.5 - 18" barrel & LPVO. I tend to lean towards offset irons in that application. The only AR I've got a dot on is a 22" 6ARC & for that the dot is mostly used to get aligned & prevent hunting for a plate in the scope off a barricade @600+ on 12x +

ARC used to make a high mount M10 - QDL @ 1.57" (pictured & discontinued), but the new style M-Brace is max ht 1.5"
    IMG_7644.jpg

True & good point. Badger & Geissele have that option if needed. For me this mount would be mid range 14.5 - 18" barrel & LPVO. I tend to lean towards offset irons in that application. The only AR I've got a dot on is a 22" 6ARC & for that the dot is mostly used to get aligned & prevent hunting for a plate in the scope off a barricade @600+ on 12x +

ARC used to make a high mount M10 - QDL @ 1.57" (pictured & discontinued), but the new style M-Brace is max ht 1.5"
    View attachment 8288185
    Yeah I really don't like the dot on top of an AR /LPVO set up. I only have one on my other bolt to get on target quickly really. It's probably not something most will care about for this type of application but it's nice to be able to run a laser or range finder on top for NV.

Sort of. The other hinged mount out there, Scalarworks, had breakage issues and a corrective design change was implemented at some point in the last few years.
    The ARC rings and mounts have been very solid. The scalarworks had/has the hinge at the top of the ring or something didn't it? So one hinge vs 2. Not sure what changed in their design ect..

Reactions: TheOE800