• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero stop a quick change barrel

john holland

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2023
Savannah, ga
I am trying to figure out the best way to do this, but I think I am over thinking it. I want to set my zero stop on my Gen 2 razor 4.5 x 27 sitting on my desert tech SRS A1 chassis. I have two barrels, a 308 18’ with a 1:11 twist, and 6.5 creedmore 26” 1:8 twist. My question would be which would be the best one to zero and set the zero stop to? Due to the nature of the rifle I want to just set it figure out the elevation for the other caliber and run it from there with my dope chart once I figure that portion out.

Why not just re-zero when you change barrels. It takes a couple minutes and is not hard to do. And your POI may change slightly with the same barrel

Why not just re-zero when you change barrels. It takes a couple minutes and is not hard to do. And your POI may change slightly with the same barrel
The plan is to set the zero stop to prevent the bottom out, but confirmation of zero will always be done. However the POI doesn’t change when switching barrels the chassis system is very solid. One of the main reasons i invested in the system

I haven't rezeroed my gen 2 razor in a while but isn't the zero stop tied to the zero? When you zero the scope the zero stop is 0.5 mil below zero. If you rezero after swapping barrels it won't matter either way.

If the barrels are not timed then you will probably have a windage discrepancy between the barrels, not just elevation.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Could set it for the one that shoots the lowest. Then just put the offset for the other in your ballistic calculator or adjust to that zero before shooting

No idea about how repeatable your system is or how the zero stop can be set on the Razor, but this is how I think about mine. No idea if it’s the best method but it works for me…

I note my offsets, so it doesn’t really matter. I have my AXSR on 0/0 with my 735 ATACR. I keep 1.5 mils below to my zero stop which gives me plenty of room for anything I run (suppressed/unsuppressed, 308/65/300).

If I pop on a different barrel/caliber/suppressor, I just dial my turrets to the zero offset that I have logged for that specific caliber/ammo/barrel/suppressor combo. That then becomes my “zero” reference.

I played around with floating the turrets to show 0/0 (but didn’t change the ZS) and got tired of doing that. It’s just as easy to remember. Plus if anything ever slips while larping in my tree fort, I know my RTZ is always 1.5 mils up from the hard ZS.

I haven't rezeroed my gen 2 razor in a while but isn't the zero stop tied to the zero? When you zero the scope the zero stop is 0.5 mil below zero. If you rezero after swapping barrels it won't matter either way.
No you have set the zero stop separate. That’s just zeroing out the turret so it won’t go backwards, vs taking cap and turning it to zero. Little different process.

No idea about how repeatable your system is or how the zero stop can be set on the Razor, but this is how I think about mine. No idea if it’s the best method but it works for me…

I note my offsets, so it doesn’t really matter. I have my AXSR on 0/0 with my 735 ATACR. I keep 1.5 mils below to my zero stop which gives me plenty of room for anything I run (suppressed/unsuppressed, 308/65/300).

If I pop on a different barrel/caliber/suppressor, I just dial my turrets to the zero offset that I have logged for that specific caliber/ammo/barrel/suppressor combo. That then becomes my “zero” reference.

I played around with floating the turrets to show 0/0 (but didn’t change the ZS) and got tired of doing that. It’s just as easy to remember. Plus if anything ever slips while larping in my tree fort, I know my RTZ is always 1.5 mils up from the hard ZS.
Which has the lowest offset 308 or 6.5? I think if i set it with that, and note offset with the higher one and raise it. That’s my thought process. If it doesn’t work i can adjust fire from there

With a Blaser R8 I have - I use the method of zeroing to lowest POI, then go up from there. If you use hold overs frequently then this is a very viable method of using one scope on several calibres or even rifles.

No you have set the zero stop separate. That’s just zeroing out the turret so it won’t go backwards, vs taking cap and turning it to zero. Little different process.
@phantomskittles is correct regarding the Razor gen 2. The zero stop is pre-set from the factory and if you want your scope turrets to read “0” when zeroed, the turrets have to be on zero when adjusting the internal dial.

To your question, I would just get a true zero for the cartridge you plan on shooting the most and go from there.