• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero stop for older Leupold scopes

Unknown

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
Pacific Northwest,USA
I posted this on another site long ago, and searched this site to see if I could find anything about it, and came up empty. So here goes:

I wanted some kind of zero stop for my Leupold Mk IV scopes, but couldn't find anything. I found that a copper pipe adapter that goes from .5 to .75 inch can be used. Use a hacksaw to cut slices off the .75 inch end, and they fit perfectly down around the scope turret to make a zero stop.

Usually, I have to make a number of different thicknesses that I can use depending on which rifle, and how it's scope is zeroed to make these work. I make the zero stop so that my scope goes down to about 4 moa past zero. That way, I can adjust for different ammo and conditions without having to remove the zero stop. I turn the turret all the way down, then go back up to zero. It works perfectly, and it is damned cheap.

Elgordo2,
As i don't have access to a lathe, I had to make mine in a crude (caveman like) fashion using a hacksaw to cut off slices of the plumbing fixture, but the process is exactly the same after making the various shims. The photos in your posting are first class, and show how simple the procedure actually is. Nice photos, and thanks for adding so much great info to the thread.