• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes zero stop, horus reticle, tactical scope…..which is the best value scope out there

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Hi, just starting to learn to shoot long range. i just purchased a sig ssg 3000 patrol 308 caliber. i'm hoping for some help in finding a suitable scope, would love to keep it under 1200 or so if at all possible. been reading a lot and i think i'd like a scope with tactical knobs, zero stop and a horus reticle. i'd sure appreciate any help on suitable scopes. thanks

You can look at a Bushnell elite tactical with the H59.
It's a little more than $1200 but not much more.
I would go and look through a Horus and see if it's what you want before making a purchase on line.

Last edited:
In that price range, I think Bushnell is pretty much your ONLY option for those features. I have one of the HDMRs and it's a solid scope for considerably less than your next option with a Horus. IF you negate the Horus requirement, Vortex has some solid offerings and their EBR reticle gives you some of the same functions of the Horus.

There's also typically quite a few Vortex scopes in the For Sale section, whereas scopes with the Horus reticle don't seem to be as plentiful.