• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zero Stop on Athlon Cronus 4.5-29 Gen2

Thumper580

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2013
Mechanicsville, VA
Just got a new Gen2 Athlon Cronus 4.5-29. Zeroed it at 100 yards and loosened the elevation turret to align the zero setting. Also turned the inner ring to set the zero stop. Problem is the zero stop is exactly on the zero position...
My question is..... On other scopes I was able to preform this and also have 0.5 mil of movement below the 100 yard zero.... Any suggestions. Thanks.

I always just set my zero stop on the Athlons to .5 under zero, exactly like Mike's describing above. Done deal.

Just got a new Gen2 Athlon Cronus 4.5-29. Zeroed it at 100 yards and loosened the elevation turret to align the zero setting. Also turned the inner ring to set the zero stop. Problem is the zero stop is exactly on the zero position...
My question is..... On other scopes I was able to preform this and also have 0.5 mil of movement below the 100 yard zero.... Any suggestions. Thanks.
That's one of the things I don't like about my Athlon Cronos 4.5-29 ... and one of the things I love about my Leupold Mark5-HD (1-mil of down-travel below the zero-stop). Other than that, and the weight, the Athlon is an awesome scope.

If you read any of the other posts in this thread, you'd like the Cronus a little more.