• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stop on K624I - update

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side
So .. odd question but im confused on something. I originally had my scope sitting on a 0 base with 20 rail. I swapped to a 20 Moa base giving me 40MOA total. Before, from 0, I could dial 23.4 mils in elevation before hitting the upper stop (not limit). so I moved my scope into the new base trying to get my zero in the lower portion of travel, ideally netting me more travel in the up. I reset my turrets per the directions. laser bore sighted. From the scope being set back to factory. I had to dial down (which is expected) beyond the mechanical stop. So I had to advance (or "slip") my turret. (loosened the set screws, turned the turret up to allow me to grab the erector and move it past where I needed it). and dialed it into "zero". reset to turret zero. mind you I haven't shot the rifle yet. So I test my dial and sure as shit I limit the up at 23.4

so essentially, moving to 40 Moa with this scope im still limited by the mechanical upper limit set. I havnt gained anything.

Last edited:
bump for more perspective and for someone to explain to my why my $3K scope only has a rev limiter that pretends to be a zero stop?

I don’t know the answer, a call to Orifino might be helpful?

Hope you find an answer man.

I can’t solve this problem for you unfortunately wish I could.
Seeing the specs on kahles website for mill adjustment travel the maximum you’ll ever get out of the turret is 25.5 mills from the bottom to the top. With you getting 23.4 I’d say that’s pretty good and more than you’d need unless running elr or Slower velocities. I don’t shoot to far past 1200 yards. (11.5mills for my rifle) so I’m not sure how progressively you need more elevation past that.
What is puzzling is you should’ve gained what you slipped past below the previous zero up to 25.5.
probably not a helpful comment. But I’d make my drop cards cards for the ranges you’ll be shooting and see if you’ll even need that much elevation. If not. go shoot and have some fun.

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I can think is Im slipped for boresight/laser so there's a good chance my slip could still go a little further for an actual POI ... that could net me a few more I suppose. We will see when I hit the range this week

So as a side question how much elevation do you think you're going to get? The K624i only has 26mils total so at 23.4 you are almost bottomed out

your 100% correct. I was just confused after adding 20 mils and slipping to bore sight that my travel stayed the same. actually sighting in this week which will prove out the scope so we will see

zero'd in today. my bore sight was a mil and a half high. im getting 24.8 mils of elevation now before I hit the stop. pretty happy about that. with my current FPS Im able to dial for 1550 yrds...