• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero stop shim sets for SWFA Super Sniper scopes

TimK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
www.timkulincabinetry.com
There used to be a thread on these on both the old site and the old-old site. I couldn't find it here, so I'm starting a new one. If this violates some policy mods, please kill it.

I make zero stops for a number of SWFA scopes. Details are below.

MilRad Turrets:
Fixed power non-HD models – the entire line. $27/set
3-15 X 42 $27/set
5-20 $27/set Note that SWFA recently declared the use of the shims on the 5-20 as approved. No more warranty issues.

MOA Turrets:
Currently Unavailable

There is an installation video here:

Note that the video is for the original fixed power scopes, but the basic procedure is similar for all the different scopes. The actual number of shims and markings will vary from model to model.

Ordering is easy. We accept PayPal (preferred) and all types of paper money including personal checks and money orders. To order, please use your preferred method and send the appropriate amount to [email protected] or the physical address below.

Tim Kulin

2790 Wood Valley Court

Woodland Park, CO 80863

When ordering, be sure to include your shipping address. You wouldn't believe how many people forget.

We generally ship no later than the next day after receiving your order. Please note that we use the USPS and no tracking information is available.

Last edited:
+1 for these shims. Great product!

I'd like an assortment of thin shims. I'm stopping about 1mill and a few clicks below my zero. I'd liked toss a super thin shim in and stop darn near on my zero.

not sure they need marked moa or mill seems money might be saved you send everyone a stack of shims.

Are these available for the HD 5-20 scopes, or are they the same as the 3-9?

So are there any leads for any kind of zero stop for the 5-20HD? Really hoping there is a way to do it, or can it still be done with the shims but only "voiding the warranty?" ....

I have a set of these and they are great! Tim is an awesome guy and you should be confident working with him!

Zero Stops perfect
Put a set in my 3-15 scope great feature to have Thank you very much for making my scope even better now.
I know someone that needs some for his Swfa I'll put a bug in his ear
Bump

Reactions: Chasing
Just got a SS 3x15 mil/mil (first time away from MOA i was nervous but after using it just a little it actually seems more intuitive, i was just scared of change i guess) , was looking around on Youtube, and found Tim's video,with links back to here... and then saw the old paypal ordering system, then i found him again on Ebay selling the shims, and finally ordered some. (they haven't arrived yet but i have high hopes)

Tim informed me that they are" now offering stops for the 5-20HD and the 3-9. " (SWFA SS) Just be sure to tell him if its in MOA or MIL.

Thanks Tim! now i won't have to quesiton myself if i dialed it back down after i was done at the range.

received my set of zero stop and they are fan dangle tastic..Glad I found them on e bay. Super idea. Thanks so much for a
great item...

I have 4 SWFA SS scopes and was excited to hear about Tim Kulin's Zero Stop shims. Tim is an outstanding individual and I would do business with him any day! Thank you Tim for the wonderful product and quick turn around.

I got some of these. The markings on them didn't match up to what they accomplished, but that just means it took more than one minute to install. Under 5 minutes, it works, I'm happy.

Thanks for making these.

TimK sorry took me while to post after my purchase. These shims are the cats meow! Worth every penny and the ease of installation is amazing. Brings me back to 2 clicks from dead zero. And its very repeatable. Tim was very prompt and courteous. Beyond everything that I expected. ;)

Anyone tried these on the HD 10x42 model or know if they work?

Tell you what, buy a set, and if they don't work I'll refund your PayPal payment and you can throw or give them away. I THINK they're going to work, but am only 90% certain. The only catch is that you have to tell me the results so I can update my compatibility list.

Reactions: Yasherka
Tell you what, buy a set, and if they don't work I'll refund your PayPal payment and you can throw or give them away. I THINK they're going to work, but am only 90% certain. The only catch is that you have to tell me the results so I can update my compatibility list.

I'm game! Payment sent. I'll let you know how it goes.

I tried the shim set in my SWFA SS HD 10x42 scope last night, and they work great! I was able to set a zero stop with about .4 mils of over-travel without any issues. I think it's safe to say that the HD 10x42 model is fully supported.

Thanks!

Ordered a set on Monday received today. Installed perfectly on a 10x42 Milquad. Stops right at my 100 yard zero.
Thank you , Tim.

tibosaurus rex did a little review last week. Here's the link:

https://youtu.be/Q-cpt07Wbzg

Have you tried to approach SWFA and have them sell your kits as an "add on" directly through their site? you might loose some revenue / per - as apposed to a direct to consumer model, but it seems that you would make a killing if they carried your product.

anyway, thx Tim, my rifle is still off at the smithy for a bed job and its about time i found what i did with the shims i ordered from you so i can put them to use. I'm still excited to be able to have a zero stop on my optic.

Reactions: Bulldog10
Thanks Tim. Ordered another set. These kits work great and are great additions to SS scopes!

Surfed into the hide yesterday....and ordered some shims last night. They shipped this morning and I can't wait to give them a whirl!

I ordered the shim set back in June. Got it a few days later. So far so good! Instalation was easy. I ordered a second set yesterday. They work as advertised and give me less of a chance to screw it up going back to zero. End of this month will be my first PRS club match in Midland, Tx. Im really glad to have the zero stop on my SWFA's.

I don't suppose that I could talk you into offering a set of shims for the Weaver 3-15 Tactical, could I?

Tim, saw on the thread that some new scopes have been added to the list, specifically the 5-20 and 3-9 HD models so I thought I'd ask.

Is there presently a kit available for the SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 Tactical 30mm riflescope Mil version?

Is there one in the works?

Tim, looks like a great addition to a SS. Do you make set for a 12x42MQ fixed ?

Thanks

hello,
ordered a set last sunday and had them in my mailbox on thursday.zero'd the rifle today and installation is extremely easy.i will be ordering from tim again when i buy another scope.these are a great product at a great price.
scott

Any feedback of users with the 5-20x50 Hd? Im contemplating that scope purchase and the lack of a zero stop is my main hangup....

Good afternoon. Today I made an order for 10X42 HD. It is a pity that there is no international delivery. When I receive, I will definitely leave feedback on how it works.
Thank you

Good afternoon. Today I made an order for 10X42 HD. It is a pity that there is no international delivery. When I receive, I will definitely leave feedback on how it works.
Thank you

Hey mate I also messaged tim about sending them to Australia but he wont. How are you getting around this? I'm assuming you are not in the US? I was going to put a WTB add in the for sale section to see if I could buy them of someone second hand for my fixed 12 swfa.

Last edited:
This is an order for the recipient in the US. Very strange, but for some reason the premise has not yet been received. 9 days have passed since the dispatch. :(

Good Afternoon Tim, I saw you mentioned you had SS 5-20 HD shims back in stock. My question is as I HAD seen from you previously that use of these would void the warranty. Is that still the case?
Thank you

Good Afternoon Tim, I saw you mentioned you had SS 5-20 HD shims back in stock. My question is as I HAD seen from you previously that use of these would void the warranty. Is that still the case?
Thank you

I have the same question, if all is good I'm interested

Good afternoon, Tim! I received the parcel! The rings work perfectly! I am very glad that they now have me!
Many thanks!
Please reply me to mail