• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Stop Washers

Re: Zero Stop Washers

Be very careful if you use them and strip out the threads of the elevation and windage turrets your warranty is VOID. And you foot the bill for repair.

No one in their right mind on this site will make them so you can damage your scope. Use your head and think about this.

i use them you would have to be a fuckin dumbass to twist hard enough to strip the threads.........there use to be a good source for them, but because of a few you cant get them anymore. they are real simple maybe you could source washers that will work.

Thank you Donovan I was thinking the same thing. If you can strip them with the washers, then you could stip them without the washers. When it stops don't turn it anymore.

I had a set that was made by the previous owner of my NF. They worked great and yes, when the turret no longer moves you stop turning. It isn't really rocket science.

Anyway, I just sold the scope and the handmade zero stops. Good luck on finding some that work for you.

I have a set and they work like a zero stop should. Yes they void your warranty if you strip the threads but you would have to go out of you way and almost do it on purpose.

I've used them too and common sense says stop turning when they stop, but common sense isn't always common.

Same here, I use them in two NXSs and a few Leupolds with no problems. Never heard of anyone stripping the threads. And I have no problems paying for the repair if I strip the threads. Probably will be cheaper than the factor NF zero stop anyway.

Me and my shooting buddy have been using a set for about a year now, work good (mine is set so can dial under about 2MOA + come back up to 0). Don't go gorilla on your knob (either one)

I'd really like to have a set. Anyone know where a man could get a set these days?

I use mine on my Leupy MK4 16X still, and would like to get another set......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there use to be a good source for them, <span style="font-weight: bold">but because of a few </span>you cant get them anymore. </div></div>

Once again, the propblems of teh "few" have screwed the pooch for the many.......sad.

Guys with the Nightforces with the Zero stop. How does it work different than the washers? I have no idea how they work. I was wanting to add a Zero stop to my Falcon some how. Are washer zero stop the only option?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys with the Nightforces with the Zero stop. How does it work different than the washers? I have no idea how they work. I was wanting to add a Zero stop to my Falcon some how. Are washer zero stop the only option?</div></div>

the NF zero stop is a dandy piece of micro engineering that emplys a clutch type mechanism.....the washers are just a finely engineered end for the screw stem that abates any further movement....they are laser cut to several different dimensions .

So the clutch lets the turret free spin at the stop or it stops it cold? If you guys run across any body with these please post. I was thinking about having a machinist buddy make a collar that you could adjust up and down on the knob with set screws and have some one etch the collar with the correct numbers and marks so it could be reset easily. Who would engrave it with the correct spacings on the collar.

Thanks again,
Joe

you mean like one of these......
MVC-015F.jpg

Yep not the same thing I was thinking but it looks like the same idea

308 Newb said he does not make them anymore. I think he caught some flack from someone on the forum, and it wasn't worth the headache.

Measure the OD you need to fit inside the turret cap and go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy several white nylon washers with a close OD (smaller, not bigger), then drill the hole in the center to fit your stem. Stack them up until you get close to where you want and then sand the thickness down to get them perfect. Lay a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and sand the washer in a figure 8 pattern to reduce the thickness.

I just wanted mine so I could not go a complete turn too far, and have mine adjusted so I have 5-7 MOA or so under.

It's been a long time, and way be remembering wrong, but I think I just stacked up some rubber 0-Rings on my Leupys w/ M1 knobs.

HTH,
HB

If anyone is interested I have an extra set of the NF laser cut shims I'd part with.