• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero stop

There is "zero" down-side to having a zero-stop. I've standardized on Leupold MK5-HD's ... and love the zero stop on those scopes.

The first time you get "lost" regarding your elevation turret at a long-range match, and can't figure out where zero actually is ... will be the last time you buy a scope that doesn't have a zero stop. I speak from experience ... felt like a moron that day.

I don’t mind a scope without zero stop in a sense, sometimes a zero stop can be achieved with a > 30 moa base and/or Bushing Burris rings or with a spacer/shims like on the mk4s and some SWFA

I also prefer scopes where you can either remove or at least set the zero stop exactly where you want it to be. It’s very useful for dialing under for quick 300-900 yards shot using the speed drop factor.
Another example would be on a switch barrel setup like the DTA, or switching between super sonic and subsonic loads.

Finally, if you’re looking to squeeze all of the elevation of a turret, removing the zero stop might get you a little extra depending on the design. For example I get 26 mils of usable travel on my Midas 6-24 by removing the zero stop assembly just enough to make it to 400m in winter without hold overs.

Reactions: Emerson0311
I have an older Bushnell Tactical Elite or Elite Tactical with no zero stop and for regular fun shooting i dont mind it at all.