• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Suppressed?

RAWHDE

“I have seen enough to know, I have seen too much”
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
Houston, TX
Not sure if this a silly question or not but almost finished my new build, just waiting on scope. Will be shooting suppressed for the first time. Question: If I plan on consistently shooting with suppressor, does it not make sense to zero my rifle with suppressor on? Thanks

zero both ways. Leave it set to your can. But know what your off set is, in case the can is damaged, forgotten or any other thing. Mine shifts about a 1/4 left on my 260 and 223. Easy for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAWHDE
good advice only thing I will add is if the can is a quick detach might need to index the can.

I shoot my rifles suppressed 99% of the time so I zero with the can on. If you measure the offset you can include that in your ballistic calculator as a separate gun profile so your covered if you need to shoot without it.

Reactions: RAWHDE
Absolutely, I use a sandman with QD mount. Always zero with it on if thats how ill be using it. Ive had as much as a 1/2 mil impact shift can vs. no can.