• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Tech Trace ADV Spotter w/ Mil Reticle

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Had one of those pleasant surprises drop in on me today:

IMG_0001.JPG

I don't have a ton of details; I sent a note to Australia but have not heard back yet.

That said, the Spotter has three sections for M-Lok rails, each side and the top. The bottom short Pic Rail is mounted in screw holes, not a rail. Plus, it has a separate mount for a standard 1/4-20.

IMG_0002.JPG

It is a 20-60x FFP with a Mil-Based Reticle, which is very basic. There is nothing I see on their website for me to link, but here is the sheet:

IMG_3545.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

They sent the spotter over with Magpul MLOK Rail sections; I ended up using some spare Cadex I had because I felt they fit better. The Plastic rails probably pair better, but the metal Cadex ones are really nice and fit it like a glove.

Front window review-wise, it's a nice spotter. I don't know the cost yet, but it's FFP and has a Reticle. I was really impressed when I opened the box, especially seeing a reticle.

Aside from the Objective, the body is rubberized and armored, and the mag ring and focus work really well; not sticky, has no rough spots, it turns very well.

I appreciate the guys supporting the site and forwarding the unit; it will undoubtedly get used, as I think it has a nice picture, the reticle being a huge plus. When we do the RifleKraft USA Classes having as many spotters on the line as possible is good, so definitely get eyes on it.

They claim to be Australian (like me)…. But all of there product is Chinese (unlike me)

when I was considering buying some of there scopes, all my questions went unanswered.

Made by same OEM as Minox FFP MD80/60 spotters should be optically better than Leupold's offering and would expect them at 1500$ ish , anything more you might just as well get a Minox

Made by same OEM as Minox FFP MD80/60 spotters should be optically better than Leupold's offering and would expect them at 1500$ ish , anything more you might just as well get a Minox
    Tbe minox md60 can had for 1500-1000$ depending on where you look. Now this clone pops up with 3 mlok attachments and they ask 500$ more? Must be inflation or extra drop shipping from asia to to aus to global markets. 2k you can get a lot of spotter here stateside.

Reticle too

Not many sub $1800 spotters with Reticles, FFP and Not Fixed but I get Asian hate for the product.

It’s a path people take, if they are smart they grow out of being 100% OEM but people do have to start somewhere

Reticle too

Not many sub $1800 spotters with Reticles, FFP and Not Fixed but I get Asian hate for the product.

It’s a path people take, if they are smart they grow out of being 100% OEM but people do have to start somewhere
    Like it or not 100% OEM is way to go , except for really high-end stuff almost everything on the market is made by OEM .
    Optics know-how is limited to a relatively small community, and going 100% OEM means you are basically doing at best only superficial industrial design , how things look , knob designs, reticles, and packaging rest is down to OEM. And margins are great as well, no fuss offering lifetime warranty with most asian OEMs .

* lifetime warranty opposite to popular belief is not an indicator of product quality but profit margins on the product , easy to do on cheap shit near impossible to do on really high end stuff .

Tbe minox md60 can had for 1500-1000$ depending on where you look. Now this clone pops up with 3 mlok attachments and they ask 500$ more? Must be inflation or extra drop shipping from asia to to aus to global markets. 2k you can get a lot of spotter here stateside.
    OEM needed to make new and expensive tooling for the spotter casing with those M locks and ZT logos and given a rather small market for FFP spotter that reflects on pricing , the Brand being Australian doesn't help either and yes shipping is through the roof these days.

Minox is more 'generic' than ZT in using OEM product in base state ,there is no branding of the product aside from a logo sticker in the generic sticker recess.

* i had a batch of similar generic FFP spotters made with my reticle years ago so do have some insight into these OEMs