• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeroing a ZCO527 for ELR use

dwight-the-office.gif

Also if your issue is that you want to squeeze every single bit of travel (I wouldn’t recommend it) but you can do the Burris Bushing rings and use the inserts so that you can have a zero at the mechanical bottom of your scope and then have all the 117 moa of travel. But if your issue is that you’re just short 10 moa of the 117 then it’s just silly. 10 moa is nothing on the long range game, just get a TARAC or other periscope attachment and get another 100+ moa
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. You have 107 MOA of travel after zero in a scope that has 117 of total travel. How you expect a rail to get you more elevation is beyond me. In any event you really don't want to be at the extremes of travel in the scope anyway. Addint a Charlie TARAC will get you all the elevation you can possibly use, also pretty standard.

A 100 yard zero is perfectly normal for ELR work. You are certainly welcome to zero further, knowing that it is zeroed only for the conditions existing at the time and changing as the conditions change.
This is just a discussion mate no need to ruffle your feathers. The 55 MOA rail is already there and the rifle needs a further 10 MOA to hit the point of aim at 100M that means 65MOA lost. If it was possible to bottom out the zero stop lever under the turret but this is factory set at around 50% of elevation and so is lost to zero at 100m the rifle should be shooting high with a 55MOA rail and 10 MOA on the turrets but it's not !. This is possible in a NF scope hence my question. A 100-yard zero is not normal for ELR because elevation being is wasted as you rarely shoot under 800 m so zero offset is dialled into your ballistic app which takes this into consideration in calculating your dope.

That’s not an additional 10 moa it’s a negative 10 moa. You need to think it through I think.

Or maybe my explanation is bad. That’s very possible.

The 10 moa you’re dialing to get a 100 yard zero should be compensated for by a 20 moa Mount. Something like the Spuhr 6002 or the ones ZCO sells which is what I’m using.

That's funny ..... my 527 zco had 31.5 mils of travel after zeroing at 100 so roughly 108 moa. Using a 50 moa mount...

I never shot ko2m so.....
Yeah I've got 29 mils with 20moa rail + 20moa mount= 40moa total. I happened to stop by the house so I dialed mine all the way to see and it's 29 mil total that I can dial on my 527, which is what, roughly 97moa?

The zero stop is built into the knob. There is nothing to set. If you need more down than the knob allows at it's factory setting, unlock the screws and turn the know UP until you hit the down value required, lock the knob. Dial down to get to zero. Rezero the knob. I don't understand how you think you are 'wasting' 50 MOA of travel, since you state you have 107 available out of 117 maximum.

If you have not noticed, most scopes ship with the adjustments centered.
WRONG ZCO scopes ship wth full elevation available so I had 117 MOA of elevation available out of the box notwitstanding a 55 moa rail the scope shot low by 10MOA so these 55MOA are in the scope hence the loss of MOAs. It's not how many clicks you have it's where the point of impact is in relation point of aim inbuilt in the scope .
BTW thanks for the video proves my point that to zero at 100m he lost 12/13 mils and had to have a 20MOA sloped picatinny too.

That’s not an additional 10 moa it’s a negative 10 moa. You need to think it through I think.

Or maybe my explanation is bad. That’s very possible.

The 10 moa you’re dialing to get a 100 yard zero should be compensated for by a 20 moa Mount. Something like the Spuhr 6002 or the ones ZCO sells which is what I’m using.
Chris its 55MOA on the rail and an additional 10moa on the turret so its 65MOA what am I missing?

you can't be fucking serious. he 'lost' 12-13mil because he ONLY has 20moa of cant. if he had another 40moa (12mil) of cant he'd be using all available travel...around 30ish

cant in a rail/mount doesn't LOSE elevation it fucking adds to it from optical center

take your 55moa rail and put a 0moa rail on. i bet you have about 52 moa of travel when zero'd at 100m

Reactions: Baron23
Chris its 55MOA on the rail and an additional 10moa on the turret so its 65MOA what am I missing?
Ummm I dunno maybe perhaps how to zero a scope and possibly how to set said scopes zero stop correctly... Possibly missing how to do the math to estimate travel....

But I never shoot ko2m so....

I'm sure you podium regularly at the ol'ko2m

everything. you're missing everything.

zero that 10moa into the turret and have 107moa or travel left, or add 5-10moa of cant into rail/mount and have 112-117moa to use.
I think it’s because he’s not factoring the spin of the earth. Remember if you’re shooting east and you’re located at the equator, the planet is spinning eastwards at approx 1000mph so you have to aim 55 moa low to compensate for where the bullet will be according to the orbit. Then you have to factor the curve of the earth at 8in per square mile.
It’s just basic Newtonian stuff they teach at the Ko4M.

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
yup, this dude is trolling. You can’t be this fuckin retarded and shooting ko2m.

I have three 7-35x with different elevations: 37, 36.9, 36.6 mils. I thought everyone knew that the ATACR elevation was never listed correctly.

Reactions: BCX
Bob, do you bench 275 lbs? Have 200 bow kills? Worked in concrete for 28 years?

I think the answer you seek is the Quigley Ford 5-20 Dual Focal Plane scope. 234 moa of travel. You can shoot "soccer ball groups" at KO2M. Thank me later. :cool:

Perhaps ZCO can weigh in….but IIRC mine came out of the box with 35mils Up Elevation.

But I still don’t understand how a 55moa base loses travel from the scope? This reminds me of Billy Maddison in the decathlon. “Everyone is now dumber from hearing your explanation…may god have mercy on your soul”. 😂