• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zeroing problem w/ Premier Reticle & BO ring/bases

tsquared

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Gentlemen - I'm looking for input from those with more experience in precision rifles and mounting glass.

A little background - I acquired a Robar SR-60 in .308 w/Leopold Mk4 3.5-10x40 w/ Leopold Mk4 rings and a Badger Ordinance 20 moa base in the late '90's. For the past several years its been banging steel out to 400 yds and punching holes little holes in paper. I've been primarily a varmint shooter, pistol and AR competitor/gun school junkie for the past 20 years and have recently decided to try longer range shooting out to around 1000 yds.

I've always done my own optics mounting on any rifle I've owned and until now have never had a problem I couldn't sort out. I just mounted a Premier Heritage 3-15x50 scope on this rifle using Badger Ordinance rings and a 20 moa base.

Here's the problem. When zeroing the rifle at 100 yds, with the elevation cranked down all the way, I'm hitting 2 mils (about 6 2/3") high. Ammo was Fed 150 gr practice ammo and a couple of rounds of Fed GMM 168 gr. I've torn the setup apart and gone over the base, ring and scope mounting to see if I screwed something up but I can't find any anything that looks out of place.

In the research I've done on this site I can't find any threads about scopes running out of down elevation when used with 20 moa bases. Is this a scope problem, a set up problem or something else? With this setup of scope, rings and a 20 moa base is this normal?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Re: Zeroing problem w/ Premier Reticle & BO ring/bases

You know the scope has a zero stop right? Loosen the toggle, turn it up to like 4 mils and then tighten it back down and adjust down and then rezero.

Re: Zeroing problem w/ Premier Reticle & BO ring/b

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know the scope has a zero stop right? Loosen the toggle, turn it upto like 4 mils and then tighten it back down and adjust down and then rezero. </div></div>

Duh!! Didn't think about that. This is my first scope with a zero stop and despite going over the manual adjusting the zero stop didn't click.

Thanks