• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes zero'ing turrets on new swfa ss 16x42

jeepguy242

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Winston Salem NC
ok, somebody stop me if this is not correct, but it looks like to zero the turrets on this scope, all i have to do is to loosen the set screws, and turn the turret back to zero, and then tighten them again, correct?

Re: zero'ing turrets on new swfa ss 16x42

thanks, i just didnt want to loosen anything that might end up releasing a little ppart that my dumbass wouldnt be able to put back together...

Noob question (first time with a tactical turret scope): I moved the turrets to zero my swfa ss. I unscrewed the turret and moved it to zero. However, how do I get the turret back down to the first line? Thanks for any help you can give.

Noob question (first time with a tactical turret scope): I moved the turrets to zero my swfa ss. I unscrewed the turret and moved it to zero. However, how do I get the turret back down to the first line? Thanks for any help you can give.
This is a rather old thread, but if you loosen the set screws, the turret can be slid up and down to Line up with zero.

It may not go down to the first line depending on how many rotations you are from the bottom. Can just make a mental note of what line you are on to start or buy the shim kit to have a zero stop.

Reactions: Bilco1