• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeus + Kahles Elevation Turret

Nick2222

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2022
San Diego
Looking for some advice on my Terminus Zeus build. My 3-18 Kahles is supposed to have 30mils of elevation adjustment (15 each way). When mounted and 100m zeroed on my 20moa Zeus action I was expecting 21mils of travel.

15mils + 6mils (factoring in the scope base)

However I’m only getting 14.5mils of useable elevation.

Its in a Geissele 0moa mount and MDT ACC elite chassis all torqued to spec.

Any advice or possible remedies? I already confirmed with Joel at Terminus his scope base has 20moa built into it.

-Nick

Looking for some advice on my Terminus Zeus build. My 3-18 Kahles is supposed to have 30mils of elevation adjustment (15 each way). When mounted and 100m zeroed on my 20moa Zeus action I was expecting 21mils of travel.

15mils + 6mils (factoring in the scope base)

However I’m only getting 14.5mils of useable elevation.

Its in a Geissele 0moa mount and MDT ACC elite chassis all torqued to spec.

Any advice or possible remedies? I already confirmed with Joel at Terminus his scope base has 20moa built into it.

-Nick
Did you make sure to re set the zero stop so you can get all of that elevation?

Just the way the barrel happens to be clocked and how it works out. 14 mils is still pretty far, what are you using it for?

Thanks for the replies. The Kahles is a temporary scope that will be eventually swapped over to my LMT AR10 and replaced with a 5-27. I tried shooting out to 1250m a few weeks ago and ran out of elevation adjustment.

I reset the Zero stop according to the Kahles manual but I'm not ruling this out yet.

It's a competition contour Proof Research heavy barrel.

You're probably correct. The barrel may just be clocked in the downward direction and its taking away some of the elevation. When I get the 5-27 I'll probably add a 20moa scope base to compensate.