• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zimmerman Rezolution

feel_da_fury

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Auburn, WA
Does anybody have any real experience with the Zimmerman 10/22? There is no review on the web on Zimmerman 10/22. Maybe my google-fu is weak.

Re: Zimmerman Rezolution

Bought this one already assembled as a SBR:
IMG_1351.jpg

I liked it so much I built this one:
IMG_1414.jpg

This pic was right after I got it together, before I mounted a SS10X.

The Zimmerman receivers are top notch. Tolerances are much tighter then a factory 1022. The SBR shoots surprisingly well out to 75yds (as far as I've taken it) & after adjusting the Tac Inc mags runs like a sewing machine.

The XL w/20" Green Mtn bbl is a laser. I've shot it out to 200yds in a plate match. Only shot groups out to 100. It avg sub 1/2" @ 50 and between 3/4-1" @ 100. I didn't try a lot of different ammo so take that into account. I'll try to find the other pic I've got of them side by side.

Couldn't find the old pic, so I tppk a couple more...
IMG_1438_zps1ecd950a.jpg

I used an American Defense ReconX mount that came on another rifle I got on a trade.
IMG_1439_zps1ed4d69f.jpg

Is the barrel free float? Are the barrel threaded on or clamps. I saw the installion drawing on their website. It doesn't look like the barrel is free float. They have a option build with all kidd internal components. Thanks for posting the pictures dlc356.

The barrel/receiver fit is like the 10/22 but a lot tighter. The instruction said to use a small strip of really fine sand paper if it's too tight. It's been a while, but IIRC, there was a small block that went right in front of the v-block. The barrel doesn't contact the chassis. I used the XL, with components I had on hand but the Kidd components are great.

As a side note, I spoke with Zimmerman a few times before I assembled the rifle. He's an engineer by trade and it's obvious when you handle the receiver. If there's another angle you'd like to see let me know. I had some targets w/groups but lost them moving out of my 'ex-house' last year.

Thanks dlc356, I will give Zimmerman a call after the holidays. Both your pistol and rifle looks sweet. I want the 22 upper for my AR. The price for the upper from spike and tactical solution are kind of high. The Nordic has a reasonal price on the upper, but they are too busy making oem parts from everybody else.

Thanks man. The pistol rec is actually a registered SBR. I've noticed the price on dedicated uppers myself.

Thats weird that zimmerman e-mail and phone number doesn't work. I wonder if they are still in business.

I thought they were going out of business a year or two ago when they started selling all of their stuff of.

They might have. I haven't had a need to contact them since I put together my XL. If so, that's a real shame. It was a family owned/operated business.

Not sure. Was the phone disconnected or was there just no answer? They might have closed a few days for the holidays?