• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZKM 611-Anyone have one?

balkandom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
NW Arkansas
Hello all,

I just came into one of these, and I have read a lot of contradicting posts. Some are not impressed, others seem to think it's the best thing since sliced braed. Do any own one? Mine is brand new, wood is amaazing. Have not had the time to actually put any rounds through it.
Any comments would be welcome!

Mike

Re: ZKM 611-Anyone have one?

I have one. Had it for years. It's kind of a safe queen lately but I used to use it for jackrabbits & coyotes, quieter than a 223. Very smooth and totally reliable. Probably have 1,200-1,500 rounds through it and I bought it used. Shoots pretty well, with it's favorite load CCI 40grHP, it used to do about 1.5 inch @100 yds. The rifle would probably shoot better than that but my eyes and open sights don't get along so well any more and I haven't liked any of the scopes I've tried on it because of the stock shape. Got me thinking, now I'll have to dig it out and see if it'll still go BANG! Fun rifle to play with, I suspect you'll like it.

I had one , its very well designed and made , very smooth cycling 22mag rifle .

However , I was not impressed with the accuracy of IT , tired quite a few different brands of ammo as well , as I actually wanted to keep the rifle .

In the end , I sold it , as I was never happy with the accuracy I got from mine, and have heard similar from others how had them .

Later Chris

I have one. The wood is pretty. The mags are expensive if you can find one. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired. Acuracy is so so. If it wasn't a gift, I'd sell it ,as they are generally bringing 6 - 900$.There biggest claim to fame was that on some tv shooting show a guy named Tom Knapp shot through a washer he threw in the air with it as well as asprins, dime ect....which was more of a testimony of his skills than the rifle...Be aware that there is a 611a which came later and is not as sought after.