• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

12rnd Billet AW magazine for BR size cartridges from Gray Ops

Anyone else notice that if you use this Gray Ops mag in an AIAT with the optional baseplate that you then can’t remove the mag?

The optional baseplate blocks the mag release and one must pry off the baseplate in order to get enough clearance for the mag release.

Works fine in an AIAX with the baseplate.

Hmmmm…
I have not tried it in my AIAT yet but I have a problem in my AIAX getting the mag to release or drop out. I have tried adjusting the mag catch up and down and it just will not release. It feels like something is binding or catching with the Gray Ops Mag. If you have any insight to get it to work in your AIAX please let me know and I will test it out. Also, I will try it out in my AIAT when I get home this evening.

FYI, I using a full AIAT and AIAX rifle and not the chassis if that makes a difference.

I have not tried it in my AIAT yet but I have a problem in my AIAX getting the mag to release or drop out. I have tried adjusting the mag catch up and down and it just will not release. It feels like something is binding or catching with the Gray Ops Mag. If you have any insight to get it to work in your AIAX please let me know and I will test it out. Also, I will try it out in my AIAT when I get home this evening.

FYI, I using a full AIAT and AIAX rifle and not the chassis if that makes a difference.
Is yours with or without the baseplate?

Yeah, I’m using AI rifles too and not the Rem chassis.

It worked fine in the AX. No probs, just like the factory mag. Didn’t adjust the mag, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Without the optional rubber bumper, the mag worked fine in my AT as well. It’s just that cut out on the rubber bumper isn’t deep enough to allow the AT mag release to work.

Yeah, I’m using AI rifles too and not the Rem chassis.

It worked fine in the AX. No probs, just like the factory mag. Didn’t adjust the mag, so I don’t know what to tell you.

Without the optional rubber bumper, the mag worked fine in my AT as well. It’s just that cut out on the rubber bumper isn’t deep enough to allow the AT mag release to work.
I got the mag working today in my AIAX. The problem was the mag latch had dirt and stuff built up in it and would not “push” far enough to allow the mag to drop.

I need to try it on my AT now. I will advise if it works or not.

So I got one of these and it is very nicely made my question is does anyone know if on the 10 round compliant one all you have to do is take out the inner base plate with ears or does there need to be something else done? Maybe someone with a 12 round one can take there's a part and snap a pic of the insides?

Anyone else notice that if you use this Gray Ops mag in an AIAT with the optional baseplate that you then can’t remove the mag?

The optional baseplate blocks the mag release and one must pry off the baseplate in order to get enough clearance for the mag release.

Works fine in an AIAX with the baseplate.

Hmmmm…
FWIW Gray Ops got back to me and said I can return the baseplate pad or cut it to work with my AT.

Reactions: kthomas and lash
So I got one of these and it is very nicely made my question is does anyone know if on the 10 round compliant one all you have to do is take out the inner base plate with ears or does there need to be something else done? Maybe someone with a 12 round one can take there's a part and snap a pic of the insides?
Did we ever get a solution on this one?

1716083787822.png

Reactions: lash
Sweet thanks so ya I just took my little plastic base plate limiter out.. it now will fit a bakers you know what.. I have had some issues though I will have when it gets down to like 6 or 5 rounds the bolt will skip over the round when it's on the left side
Stretch the spring with a pair of clamps

How far do you stretch it? Like 3 inches or so?
I would go by the guidelines that area419 suggests for their mag extensions: 1.5-2 inches.

For reference, the area419 extensions give 4 extra rounds.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong starting low and doing trial and error.

Question, has anyone ran these in a AW cut Impact 737R yet? Any feeding issues? If no one has, then I'll be the first guinea pig since I ordered two of these.

Question, has anyone ran these in a AW cut Impact 737R yet? Any feeding issues? If no one has, then I'll be the first guinea pig since I ordered two of these.
Tate did. Looked great. Fed with the whole weight of the rifle on the mag.

Reactions: sneakypayload
My action is the Bat Hammerhead.. it feeds smooth and nice but skips over with 4 left in it.. still need to try what niteqwill said about stretching the spring

Tate did. Looked great. Fed with the whole weight of the rifle on the mag.
Just got these in the mail from bullet central, they had two in stock (I mean, one was clearly used but fuck it, whatever at this point).

both fed flawlessly in my 737r fireforming 6BR into BRA. Zero issues feeding at all. A simple mag catch adjustment on the mag and it works perfect in my Manners MCS-TCS with Minichassis.

Absolutely awesome.

Last edited:
Just got these in the mail from bullet central, they had two in stock (I mean, one was clearly used but fuck it, whatever at this point).

both fed flawlessly in my 737r fireforming 6BR into BRA. Zero issues feeding at all. A simple match catch adjustment on the mag and it works perfect in my Manners MCS-TCS with Minichassis.

Absolutely awesome.
See? AW mag issue temporarily resolved. Hint: you’ll end up buying more. It’s life. Get used to it. 😁

See? AW mag issue temporarily resolved. Hint: you’ll end up buying more. It’s life. Get used to it. 😁
I ordered a test mag for my Terminus Zeus and if it works I'm going to take your advice and just suck it up and open up my wallet.

I love you all and this website but it's rough on the wallet at times.

Agreed.

But I look at it this way.

1. I'd have to source unobtanium AW mags for my 6BRA build with an impact AW cut action
2. Those mags are 85 apiece at their cheapest plus shipping new
3. I'd have to pay someone to fabricate/print BRA kits for them at a minimum of 40 bucks
4. to get 12 total rounds I'd have to cut and modify the mags, and extensions are 20-40 apiece.

Getting the Gray OPS BR mag means I can freely adjust mags and not have to deal with any bullshit, and man we've been buying 100+ dollar mags for a while now. If I'm spending 7k on a rifle all in, 450 bucks in mags is whatever at this point.

Agreed.

But I look at it this way.

1. I'd have to source unobtanium AW mags for my 6BRA build with an impact AW cut action
2. Those mags are 85 apiece at their cheapest plus shipping new
3. I'd have to pay someone to fabricate/print BRA kits for them at a minimum of 40 bucks
4. to get 12 total rounds I'd have to cut and modify the mags, and extensions are 20-40 apiece.

Getting the Gray OPS BR mag means I can freely adjust mags and not have to deal with any bullshit, and man we've been buying 100+ dollar mags for a while now. If I'm spending 7k on a rifle all in, 450 bucks in mags is whatever at this point.
True, also I believe that I am one of the folks that couldn't get the AW mags with the HRD kits to work 100% so if the Grey Ops ones work I'm not going to feel too bad ponying up for a few.

You guys get any sort of burrs/wear on the mags? I haven’t even shot mine yet, just cycled some rounds through the AIAT and inserted/released the mag maybe 30 times.

07A8409B-4A8F-4074-B16E-04A0FE52BDDE.jpeg
37E6C9DE-31FD-4EE9-9034-11920866EF5C.jpeg
56C8D62B-49E3-4132-A27C-939BBE37D89F.jpeg
8C6F5E81-F82D-4006-9321-8785249CA65E.jpeg
E735CA36-BF89-4BC8-B070-8ED93054BD2F.jpeg

Not the best pics, but…

It’s not the finish wearing that concerns me a little. It’s the burrs that have been created.

You guys get any sort of burrs/wear on the mags? I haven’t even shot mine yet, just cycled some rounds through the AIAT and inserted/released the mag maybe 30 times.

View attachment 8423284View attachment 8423285View attachment 8423286View attachment 8423287View attachment 8423288

Not the best pics, but…

It’s not the finish wearing that concerns me a little. It’s the burrs that have been created.
I haven’t had any of that but tbf I don’t run an AI. I’m using a manners MCS TCS and impact action.

Reactions: carbonbased

View attachment 8423284View attachment 8423285View attachment 8423286View attachment 8423287View attachment 8423288

Not the best pics, but…

I got some slight insertion wear but it’s nbd. They’re mags.
Take a file to any burrs.

Reactions: carbonbased
I got some slight insertion wear but it’s nbd. They’re mags.
Take a file to any burrs.
Yeah, I was going to file it but left it until talk to the company to make sure it’s no biggie. My much, much more used AW mags have barely any wear, but obv aluminum is soft.

Just wanted to see other people’s experiences.

It functions nicely. I imaging dropping this one on its feed lips on a hard surface would result in a sad day. But I knew that going in.