• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PRS Talk APA Fat bastard Gen3 vs Little Bastard on 6.5CM

Nostradumbass

Falconer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2009
    NE Texas
    Hey boys,

I’ve always shot suppressed, but I’m wanting to try a brake as well. I had a friend at work let me try his APA Gen3 Fat Bastard. I’ve put about 50 rounds of 147gn 6.5 CM through it so far on an AI AT-X, and I can say that I am very impressed with the effectiveness.

I had started out looking at ordering the Mini Bastard, but he had this one he said I could have because it was too big “it looked too big” on his pencil barrel hunting rifle.

Am I giving up anything going with the larger brake on a non magnum cartridge, other than length and weight? Like I said, I’ve absolutely Never ran a brake, so I don’t know what I don’t know.

Thanks in advance!!

I don't think you're missing out on anything with the 5 port brake versus the 4 port. If you like the looks of the 5 port it probably will be a tiny bit more effective than the 4 port.

Ironically, I use 5 port Gen III Fat Bastard on my 6mm PRS gun but I run a four port Gen III Little Bastard on my lightweight 6.5 creed NRL Hunter gun. The four port brake looks more appropriate on a carbon fiber barrel and also helps me keep the weight down.

Reactions: Nostradumbass
    This is my experience as well. I can tell the difference between the two with the Fat Bastard offering a little better performance.

Reactions: Nostradumbass