• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Demo how to cut foam in rifle case from Optics Planet

Most decent sized cities have places that sell foam. I found one in Portland, Oregon that had all sorts of various kinds of foam, and it was cheap enough that I bought a whole bunch of dark grey foam to make a number of various cut out inserts for a Pelican hard case.
What? A business still open and not just ashes?

• Haha
Reactions: jinxx4ever
I haven't cut any gun case inserts but, I've cut many camera and instrument case inserts.

Placing the foam in a freezer for a time will stiffen the foam and make for an easier and more accurate cut. Also, I replaced the foam that came with Halliburton and Pelican cases with Ensolite foam. It's much higher density and offers more protection.

I don't know if any have experienced this.. dropping a Pelican case in extreme cold weather can crack the case plastic. I've not had this happen but, I was warned by others who had problems.

Snip
Ensolite PVC-NBR-CR is an energy absorbing foam originally developed by NASA to protect pressure from damage. It has virtually 100% memory and is waterproof.

I've no connection to this vendor.

Last edited:
my case has them foam squares that ya remove till ya have the shape of the gun . constantly breaking some lose then to be gluing them back into place