• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Dominus vs Magnus S

JackOfAllTrades

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2023
North Carolina
As the title states between the two what’s a better do all can? Hard 5.56 use (not abuse) to bolt gun.

Any input is appreciated, thanks gents

But it is indeed stronger?
At a little longer and 2oz heavier, what would you go with? I do shoot a pretty high round count every year and need a can that can keep up

Yes, it is stronger.

Compare the minimum rated barrel lengths.

Dominus: 308-12.5", 300 Win Mag-18", 300 Norma-26"
Magnus: 308-8", 300 Win Mag-14.5", 300 Norma-16"

For most of us on this forum, the advantage of the Magnus would show up when wanting to use a shorter -barreled large-ish magnum

I'm really enjoying my new Magnus-S... I put about 100 rounds through it the first range day (2 Saturdays ago). My local SOT/dealer is also a range, so I get to use them while waiting. I'm still waiting to certify it, so hoping I'll luck-up and get one of those couple-day turnarounds.

The last pic is my full-size Magnus vs. Magnus-S. Both are HUB models.

IMG_6202.jpeg
IMG_6236.jpeg
IMG_6204.jpeg
IMG_6119.jpeg
IMG_6223.jpeg

Reactions: FNG1001
As the title states between the two what’s a better do all can? Hard 5.56 use (not abuse) to bolt gun.

Any input is appreciated, thanks gents
1714507092062.png

Zak is of course from TBAC, but here’s my 5.56 perspective, both with with the SR mount. Feel free to do the HUB or CB comparos.

Dominus SR​
Magnus S SR​
Weight
12.5oz​
14.1oz​
Length
7”​
7.6”​
Diameter
1.8/1.85”​
1.8/1.85”​
5.56 dB @ shooter’s ear
139dB​
139db​
Avail. now?
Y​
N​

So, the Dominus is 1.6oz less and 0.6” shorter and available now (if you can find it…I didn’t do a search).

If for use on 30cal magnums maybe I would’ve waited. The recoil reduction numbers of the Magnus with 30cals are interesting too.

But my use is mainly for 204 and 6br and I prize shorter, lighter and available now. So some time ago I pulled the trigger on the Dominus.

Doubt it. They are way behind production due to the new rr cans. TB cans are sold out everywhere and the short atf waits make all cans hard to source. Best best Is to email/call. Blake @ TBAC and get an order in. I think new orders are getting serial numbers around October but you can check the website for latest order. I have a full size magnus and a magnus k rr on order.

You either want a good hard use 556 can or a bolt gun can. A compromise will suck for both. For a 5.56 the dominus Sr K would be my choice. For a all around bolt gun, the magnus s or k.... with or without brake. I prefer hub but everyone likes something different.

No one buys one can. You buy a can the same way you buy a tool. For a specific purpose. You wouldn't use a wrench where a pair of pliers is needed.

Reactions: JackOfAllTrades
The dominus does pretty well on 556 guns. The tone is pretty good.
I only have one 50% cert, so for now I just can get one.
With that criteria I put it out, makes no sense for a 338/magnus can to go on a shorty ar15.
The dominus or magnus s could pull double duty if need be. For the amount I shoot, I run ear protection with all my suppressors. It’s more of a courtesy to other shooters training with me.
It primary role will be for bolt guns for hunting and precision training, that can be thrown on a SPR. I’ll give Tbac a call.

I plan on getting a cheap KGM 556 from a dealer for a dedicated 556 can for a 11.5 shorty, that I won’t care how hot it gets.

The dominus does pretty well on 556 guns. The tone is pretty good.
I only have one 50% cert, so for now I just can get one.
With that criteria I put it out, makes no sense for a 338/magnus can to go on a shorty ar15.
The dominus or magnus s could pull double duty if need be. For the amount I shoot, I run ear protection with all my suppressors. It’s more of a courtesy to other shooters training with me.
It primary role will be for bolt guns for hunting and precision training, that can be thrown on a SPR. I’ll give Tbac a call.

I plan on getting a cheap KGM 556 from a dealer for a dedicated 556 can for a 11.5 shorty, that I won’t care how hot it gets.
I would strongly recommend looking at the Otter Creek Labs Polonium, over anything that says KGM on it. KGM would rather suck off the Fedbois for their contracts, and doesn’t care about us pesky peons anymore… That’s why they stopped civi sales.

The Polonium will handle just about anything you can throw at it, down to a 7.5” full-auto 5.56… It’s an amazing can, that’s normal retail price is probably what the discounted KGM costs.

The polonium is a great can.
The KGM has lower back pressure than the polonium.
At the price I can get 1, it makes sense for the abuse it will go through and I don’t care about the Max performance.
Putting a otter creek through that would hurt.
Will probably pick up a polonium at some point, their OCM5 can is fantastic

Reactions: FuhQ
I would strongly recommend looking at the Otter Creek Labs Polonium, over anything that says KGM on it. KGM would rather suck off the Fedbois for their contracts, and doesn’t care about us pesky peons anymore… That’s why they stopped civi sales.

The Polonium will handle just about anything you can throw at it, down to a 7.5” full-auto 5.56… It’s an amazing can, that’s normal retail price is probably what the discounted KGM costs.
Went and just got a polonium, local store had one. That answers one problem