• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

th-3138777502.jpeg

Been saying it….a minivan will outrun all but the top “muscle cars” of the 60s and early 70s.

My first car was a ‘69 Charger, I love em too but modern cars are way better in all ways but the carnal.

Been saying it….a minivan will outrun all but the top “muscle cars” of the 60s and early 70s.

My first car was a ‘69 Charger, I love em too but modern cars are way better in all ways but the carnal.

In the 1990's Car and Driver or similar did a test between a 62 Corvette and a Toyota Previa Minivan... the minivan beat it in every category.

Except one.... cool factor!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Girls and women pick up techniques better than boys/men. Males tend to use muscle and power. To make things work. With women the big obstacle is bringing out the brutality switch when it matters. Trained with a lot of women and many were very good at trained techniques, But when it came to turning on the killer instinct .
Lots of women couldn't flip that mental switch.
Guess it's going to be awhile before my grandson gets back to martial arts training. He suffered a major traumatic brain injury during a motocross race Sunday morning. Flight for Life ride to Children's hospital in Madison. Brain surgery Sunday afternoon. Going to be a very long recovery.

Guess it's going to be awhile before my grandson gets back to martial arts training. He suffered a major traumatic brain injury during a motocross race Sunday morning. Flight for Life ride to Children's hospital in Madison. Brain surgery Sunday afternoon. Going to be a very long recovery.
Prayers for your grandson and your family. I raced motocross for many years. Its a insanely exciting sport and very dangerous.

I

taught BRM to butter bars at fort knox for a while and I promise you it’s much easier to train women to shoot then men………
BRM = basic rifle marksmanship…..
Absolutely agree. Women have much finer motor skills than men. Two biggest obstacles for women are usually recoil and guns are scary. Both are easy to overcome with a .22lr .

Absolutely agree. Women have much finer motor skills than men. Two biggest obstacles for women are usually recoil and guns are scary. Both are easy to overcome with a .22lr .
I've taught a fair number of Appleseed events, and as a symptom, yes more men are likely to try to muscle their way through than women at first. But, most are taught out of it easily.
I think the cause of those who fail is bad attitude, and actually it is rare overall, even rare in men as a general rule.

The I already know it all, embarrassed and making excuses, not listening, refuses to admit they are doing it wrong attitude is the problem.
I was also a firearms instructor in the military and law enforcement and found it rare overall there as well.
That attitude is most common in macho alfa types and yes, many were saddly officers.

Shows up to first match bragging, leaves while making excuses, never seen again.

I

taught BRM to butter bars at fort knox for a while and I promise you it’s much easier to train women to shoot then men………
BRM = basic rifle marksmanship…..
I will third it as well. Did a great deal of firearms 101 training. Women are more open to listening to what you have to say, men think they know it all already. I never had to toss a female from class, but I did show a great number of men the door, some required some assistance to leave.

I think it has to do with a macho thing, but really don't know. If the "new" thing is "manly" men will think they already know everything there is to know about it. If it is not "manly" then they think it is beneath them.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Prayers for him and your family.

Amazing what those young people do in their recovery.

How old?
Craig Hospital is absolutely amazing for brain injury rehab if he is old enough.

My son, wife and I all raced motocross, it is a great family sport, but tragedy can happen in a nano second. Prayers from our family as we have been there before. Gods blessings for you! Praying for the best. 🙏

What is his first name? Helps for prayers.

Prayers going up all around.
@502Chevelle posted this in the Prayer Request Thread.
Member jpjulian’s son was hurt in a motocross accident over the weekend. Pretty serious brain injury and surgery. He posted this on another thread here in the pit, but I thought I would put it here so some prayer warriors could lift him up. Thanks.