• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

But, But, Fair is available, They have one in Shreveport every October.
n0wQ7hfZrQmI.png

I’ve built and primarily rebuilt many a bicycle and still maintain any and all that show up at my door, even my own. So, with my little bit of knowledge, I’m gonna say that despite the known toughness of bicycle tires and wheels (bulit a few bicycle wheels myself and building bicycle wheels is a ZEN experience, that has to be experienced to even have a common frame of reference to discuss)…..but I digress.

Spin that rear wheel even close to one revolution per (choose your period of time) is gonna blow that tire to all but atoms and send those spokes blasting though the rims fast enough to take down a ballistic missile. Simply stated, to travel the circumference of the Earth the rear whe el would have to turn 117,668,571 revolutions. So, if we consider one RPM of the crank, that wheel would have to turn one hundred-seventeen million, six hundred and sixty-eight thousand, five hundred and seventy-one revolutions in that one minute. And we think our bullets spin fast at 300,000 RPM and still we have problems with them holding together.

And we have not even discussed the heat generated in the wheels bearings. Gonna need some REAL Highpowered bearing grease.

I’ve built and primarily rebuilt many a bicycle and still maintain any and all that show up at my door, even my own. So, with my little bit of knowledge, I’m gonna say that despite the known toughness of bicycle tires and wheels (bulit a few bicycle wheels myself and building bicycle wheels is a ZEN experience, that has to be experienced to even have a common frame of reference to discuss)…..but I digress.

Spin that rear wheel even close to one revolution per (choose your period of time) is gonna blow that tire to all but atoms and send those spokes blasting though the rims fast enough to take down a ballistic missile. Simply stated, to travel the circumference of the Earth the rear whe el would have to turn 117,668,571 revolutions. So, if we consider one RPM of the crank, that wheel would have to turn one hundred-seventeen million, six hundred and sixty-eight thousand, five hundred and seventy-one revolutions in that one minute. And we think our bullets spin fast at 300,000 RPM and still we have problems with them holding together.

And we have not even discussed the heat generated in the wheels bearings. Gonna need some REAL Highpowered bearing grease.
But can't you at least give a try.............

Think how hard it would be to pedal in that high of a gear...

IMG_0789.jpeg

But can't you at least give a try.............
One of the fears that the scientist’s of the Manhattan project is that the “gadget” would ignite a firestorm of the Atmosphere and destroy the earth. I’m not sure spinning this wheel to that rpm might accomplish their fear. The other option is that it would spin so hard that the spokes would twist and wrap so tightly around the hub that they would weld themselves to the hub using the heat generated by the bearings. The rim would simply evaporate showering the pedlar with high speed atoms, shredding him/her.

The only human I know who could do this and survive is you know who (see post above).

One of the fears that the scientist’s of the Manhattan project is that the “gadget” would ignite a firestorm of the Atmosphere and destroy the earth. I’m not sure spinning this wheel to that rpm might accomplish their fear. The other option is that it would spin so hard that the spokes would twist and wrap so tightly around the hub that they would weld themselves to the hub using the heat generated by the bearings. The rim would simply evaporate showering the pedlar with high speed atoms, shredding him/her.

The only human I know who could do this and survive is you know who (see post above).

And probably Keith Richards.

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: mtrmn